Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2002, 08:27 AM   #1
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Oct. 19, 2002, 4:08PM

Bow-and-arrow hunter kills man trying to steal his car
By ROMA KHANNA
Copyright 2002 Houston Chronicle
A would-be car thief died Friday after he was shot by the car's owner, a camouflage-clad hunter toting a bow and arrow, police said.

The thief was moments from a clean getaway when the hunter happened upon his car, police said. The man told the hunter he had a gun and threatened to kill him, said Sgt. T.E. Kiser of the Harris County Sheriff's Department homicide division.

The hunter drew his bow and shot at the man, hitting him in the hip and buttocks area.

The man jumped from the vehicle and ran across the 9500 block of East Mount Houston Road in northeast Harris County. Passing motorists saw him run into a field and collapse, detectives said.

The man, who has not been identified, was taken by LifeFlight to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Detectives declined to identify the hunter but said he would be questioned Friday evening.

Detectives said they found a stolen vehicle in the wooded area north of East Mt. Houston where the hunter had parked his car to practice.

"It appears the man who tried to steal the car may have been living in that vehicle," Kiser said. "He must have noticed when the hunter left his car and tried to break in. He had already broken the steering column and was about to start the car when the hunter arrived."

No charges had been filed Friday evening. Kiser said the case would likely be referred to a grand jury.
I guess by shooting that guy in the "hip and buttocks area" the hunter must have struck a vital organ, the robbers brain perhaps? Maybe now people will call for the outlawing of bow and arrows for hunting?
Old 10-21-2002, 08:56 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I fail to see your point.

Are you saying that that murder was a good thing? Or are you being ironic?
Old 10-21-2002, 09:00 AM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Actually, whether or not it was murder or justified self-defense is up to the Grand Jury. And, Hunter, I have seen a man killed by a knife wound to the groin. It severed the femoral artery, among other things, and he bled to death.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:17 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

One man's "proof" ??? is another man's OPINION - you have the right to bear arms or the right to ram bears - whatever
Old 10-21-2002, 09:19 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

or arm bears - LOL - spotted my typo just after I hit the post button - too funny - think I'll leave it in.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:23 AM   #6
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
I fail to see your point.

Are you saying that that murder was a good thing? Or are you being ironic?
I am trying to be sarcastic ,as in his brain is in his buttocks, but I guess it didnt work. I am not saying that murder is a good thing , but if someone gets killed trying to rob someone they dont get any sympathy from me. Some might say that the hunter in the article could have done something diffrent and not shot the guy stealing his car. I say the car thief could have been less of a scummo and not stolen anything in the first place.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:24 AM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Actually, whether or not it was murder or justified self-defense is up to the Grand Jury. And, Hunter, I have seen a man killed by a knife wound to the groin. It severed the femoral artery, among other things, and he bled to death.
Nope. This guy's going to jail. In a case like this, the grand jury will likely have no choice. The guy killed someone to protect PROPERTY. Not allowed in any state. Self-defense of property does not exist. Even in Texas. Now if it fits that wierd "criminal mischief in the nighttime" exception down there, the guy has a chance.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:26 AM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
or the right to ram bears - whatever
LOL. Tell me Davros. What do you actually do in your spare time? (Couldnīt help myself. Sorry Davros [img]smile.gif[/img] ) And donīt tell johnny about ramming bears, heīs a collector
Old 10-21-2002, 09:27 AM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Uh, Timber, the original poat did say that the robber threatened the bowman with a gun. Would that make a difference? I have seen storekeepers shoot wolud-be robbers and the Grand Jury decline to indict.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:29 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
or the right to ram bears - whatever
LOL. Tell me Davros. What do you actually do in your spare time? (Couldnīt help myself. Sorry Davros [img]smile.gif[/img] ) And donīt tell johnny about ramming bears, heīs a collector [/QUOTE]I am fluent in all types of typo - I have a typo licence - just ask Moderator Wyvern at the Wizards and Warriors Forum