Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-22-2002, 12:59 AM   #1
Sythe
Ra

You know what I hate most besides Mind flayers? Vampires yes Vampires those good for nothing heartless blood sucking monsters. You see one day when I was playing the BG Seris for the first time. I saw a vampire. No three. I noticed that I usually overestimate my enimes. Like when I saw Yuan Ti I thought they were deadly strong. Or when I encontored a giant for the first time. But I said Oh this vampire would be "Easy as goblin pie" I sent my party charging. Minsc was first and the vampire attacked him and another and it said he was level drained I paused checked HP. You should have saw how my eyes gotten so wide in moments the Minsc was dead. I paused my brow twitching. I unpaused and attacked and you know what........I killed the vampire. But the other two killed everyone including me. I had to pass them to get someplace. I tried diffrent stratgies but they failed. I was fed up with them. I went to desprate measures. I summoned Two Panthers Two Bears and One Fire Elemental. We CHARGED! The battle was heavy and filled with blood. Panthers didn't last long but the Fire Elemental put up quite a fight. One of my bears go level drained so much he died in seconds. When I saw my creatures losing I raised my sword and my party attacked and slew the vampires. I was afraid I might have to do that everytime I encountor one..................I hate vampires....... So any tips how to kill them even though I beaten the game I want a easy way to kill em.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:04 AM   #2
morbius_xp

Easy as pie as one of my friends said. get a paladin, cleric. get to level 16 or whatever...high level and turn undead..BOOM, they are gone.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:18 AM   #3
Angelouss
Dungeon Master

high lev. cleric spells work well to I'm thinking of false dawn specifically but there are others.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:23 AM   #4
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

If u r soloing, use the Amulet of Power, it prevents u from getting level drains. If u r a Fighter of any sort, just use the scroll Protection from Undead.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:27 AM   #5
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

i have found that aerial servants work quite well in most occasions, its even perhaps one of my favorite summons...one time i wanted to see what kind of power they had so i had it attack a mountain bear and it first hit a 38 then a 62!eye popping it was
Old 08-22-2002, 03:57 AM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

There`s a Lich in the Inn in the Gates, behind a secret door; the chest behind it has a good longsword vs. undead...
Also, once you get the amullete of power it is very good against them...

Other than that, use your clerics for Negative Plane Protection. Makes you immune to level drain... once that`s done, vamps are as harmful as a level 4 Fighter- ok THAC0, but pitful damage and no extra abilities [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 04:03 AM   #7
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

If you have a babarian or berserker:

Berserk/Rage with you berserker/babarian.

Fighter/Cleric (either Anomen or Jaheira) wears amulet of power.

Fighter/Cleric casts negative energy protection on third warrior type.

Three tanks against vampires.

If you have only druids in your party remember to carry a batch of restoration scrolls on you at all times. They may save you from endless grief.
Old 08-22-2002, 04:12 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Indemaijinj, two things... 1. Jaheira isn`t a fighter/cleric, but a fighter/druid.
2) If you have only druids in your party, no need for restoration scrolls: Druids aswell as Clerics can cast Negative Plane Protection [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 04:53 AM   #9
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I know, but for this tactic it doesn't matter.

It is still damn good to have those scrolls for backup if something goes horribly wrong, (a critical berserk wears out, the wrong guy ends up taking the blows, you mistook a wraith for a shadow).
Old 08-22-2002, 10:10 AM   #10
Whailor

What was the name of that throwing axe, which could kill undead in a single hit? It was funny, where the vamp charmed one Shadow Thief and sent it after us, and tried to run away itself. I ordered my char to attack and just as the vamp ran out of the view area, the axe hit it square in the back. I wasn't sure that I would be able to kill it, it always escaped me.. When suddenly - blam! XP! Not even a smoke puff appeared out of that vamp, a single hit blew it away and it's dried corpse was laying there, heh.. Always kept that axe at hand after that.