Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2003, 04:04 AM   #1
KaneBloodstorm
Dungeon Master

Just wondering if anyone can give me tips as to good places to xp. My party is currently lvl 8-9 and I'm trying to lvl in Arnika on the gaurds. Is there a compiled list list anywhere that has these listed? Thanks
KaneBloodstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:33 AM   #2
Mighty Fee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, you could keep running back and forth between Trynton and Arnika, but that gets to be pretty boring.

The Swamp and the Northern Wilderness are also good places to grab some XP, although some of the beasties in the NW are a bit rough on lower-level parties.

The best places I've founf to level, however, are the three retro dungeons. Just make sure you have a well-developed Rogue or a spellcaster with high Knock-Knock, because some of the locks in there are pretty difficult. You could conceivably get in and have no way to get out.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:28 AM   #3
Rezdude03
Manshoon

if you just want xp, your best bet is doing missions for other races. Playing both sides of the Umpani and T'rang is a good way to get a lot of xp as long as you pay He'li to stay silent. Plus their missions are very easy. Another easy way to get a ton of xp is *SPOILER*
tipping off Balbrak that Kunar is a traitor. obtain the fake IUF pass from Kunar by doing all the missions but the last one for the T'rang or killing Kunar (nobody will miss him). Ask Balbrak about Kunar and he will ask, "What about Kunar (pups)?" Type in "traitor" and Balbrak will ask if you have any proof. Give him the fake pass and you will recieve 750,000 xp!
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 12:21 PM   #4
EEWorzelle
Manshoon

These are some cool tips for gaining experience quickly without moving through the game, but unlike earlier RPGs that is a disadvantage in Wizardry 8, rather than an advantage!

Why?

It has to do with monster initial creation when you enter an area and re-spawning. The opponents go up in level as you do. If you go up in level slowly, with lots of combat experience, your skills will be higher and you will have explored many areas of the game and gotten lots of powerful new items and spells.

It is not necessary, on the flip side, to use repetitive training techniques to train skills. Just enjoy the game! Have fun, explore new areas and kick some serious butt along the way!
EEWorzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:00 PM   #5
KaneBloodstorm
Dungeon Master

Thanks much, I had noticed that the random encounters outside of the monastery and arnika seem to lvl with me so thanks for answering my next question for me..lol.
KaneBloodstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 02:09 AM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Don't turn in Kunar until you've gotten everything you want from him.
Also, a small tip. Find a corner in a fight, makes things so much easier...
Arnika is a good place for XP, though you will have to leave it after 3-4 fights due to lack of monsters spawning.

And if you need someone extra to aid you, recruit Vi or Miles, both good choices.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote