Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2003, 02:19 PM   #11
spydar

YAY I got replies!

thats all I mainly posted that for, basically a test...that and I was in an extremely bad mood and a little bitter about having to come back to my small town for the summer.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:06 PM   #12
jabidas
Silver Dragon

An arguement about the parent and kid thing is that we want our genes to survive but I personally think thats crap so lets not go there.

Anyway alturism because it is hard to find does not mean that it does not exist. I can think of one priest in concentration camp in WW2 to back this up though I forget the name and am not a priest fan. Anyway one day a bunch of people escaped so the nazis being the charming chaps that they were locked an equal amount of people into a building so they could all starve to death in there. Anyway this priest took the place of a family man despite knowing what would happen to him and spent the end of his life trying to comfort the people in the house. He died thinking he would be forgotten so there is nothing he could get out of it except agonizing death so I guess that you can definatly call alturism. In fact the only reason we still know about him was the nazis kept records.

In every day situations there is little need for alturism so we should not expect to see it everywhere. I wish I could remember the name of the priest because it was possibly the bravest thing a person could do in that situation.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:21 PM   #13
Gammit
Elminster

Wasn't there a "Friends" episode about this? For me, I'm a big believer in karma. But I just got back from exercising (for once), so I'm too tired to argue.... *acknowledges your feelings, nods head, and moves on*
Old 05-14-2003, 03:40 PM   #14
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
The universe is spitfull
actually the universe is just indifferent and unforgiving. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2003, 03:57 PM   #15
jabidas
Silver Dragon

They say God always forgive, man does sometimes but nature never forgives.

This means that if you get drunk the natural consequence will be the hangover and nature will give it to you even if God forgives you for being drunk and your flatmates dont mind you stumbling about when you finish your exams before they do.

On a larger level if I act in good way I will be in good way because of this. If I am evil I will become messed up and paranoid. Everything I do has consequences for me. So if you want to see alturism you have to live alturism. When I say goodness i am talking about happiness rather than the millionaire who lives life in extreme tension so they can make more millions.