Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2002, 02:25 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

JUST GREAT!!!I'm allergic to poisen ivy and now I have it!I've got it all over my body!Does anyone have any cures that might help?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-06-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Donate 50 pounds to Horatio and your illness should go away immediatly.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:35 PM   #3
MagiK

Calamine lotion works, as does benedryl cream.
Any good anti-allergy med should help.

[ 06-06-2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 06-06-2002, 02:37 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Get some Caladryl on you. It's a lotion that's a combination of Calamine and Benadryl...the calamine will soothe the inflammation and benadryl will calm the allergic reaction. Possibly take some Benadryl orally as well.

Man, that sucks! You need to have someone find where that stuff is and eradicate it. I'm one of the fortunate ones who's not allergic to poison ivy, so I'm sure there are others out there who can handle it as well.

"Leaves of three, let them be!" [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-06-2002, 02:38 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

LOL MagiK! GMTA! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-06-2002, 05:02 PM   #6
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

GET THIS STUFF NOW!!!!! I know it's kind of expensive, but they'll rush it to you and it helps soo much. I am extremely allergic to poison oak/ivy and the last time I had it was the worst. I was extremely swollen. A friend told me about this stuff, I ordered it, and within minutes of trying it for the first time most of the itching went away. I know I sound like an informercial, but this stuff really works. It had cost $40.00 if I remember correctly, but I would have been willing to double that amount for how much it helped.

Believe me I know how bad that feels. It is the purest form of hell. Good luck!
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 06-06-2002, 05:42 PM   #7
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
LOL MagiK! GMTA! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Saz
[img]smile.gif[/img] I said that to some one once...and she replied "Fools Seldom differ" [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] but in this case I like your choice better. And I totaly forgot about Caladryl, I use it for my kids...and Im completely jealous of you not being allergic to that stuff...its all over here

[ 06-06-2002, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 06-06-2002, 05:56 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Another remedy that works best (for me anyway) is oatmeal believe it or not. Don't know where you live SomeGuy, but here in the U.S. they sell this stuff called Aveeno Bath Treatment in most drug stores or grocery stores, comes in little packets. You can add it to your bathwater, but for me it works best if you just add a bit of water to it until you have a paste, then slop it on. Messy as hell, but it dries up that evil PI oil faster than anything I've ever tried (and I've tried them all trust me!), except for prescription meds.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-06-2002, 06:00 PM   #9
Lavindathar
Harper

Dunno if I'm allergic, I've never seen it.
Old 06-06-2002, 06:25 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OUCH! ICKY stuff, SomeGuy! LadyZ's aveeno bath idea is a good one. Also after the bath, you could use the antihistamine creams Saz or Magik recommended. If it's really bad, go see a doctor!

Hope it heals up soon!