Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2002, 03:47 PM   #21
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Lions and Tigers and Cabbits! Oh my!!!
Old 08-30-2002, 10:42 PM   #22
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Lions and Tigers and Cabbits! Oh my!!!
Not...not...*shudders* the 'OH MY!' !!! *screams and runs away*
Old 08-31-2002, 08:21 AM   #23
Horatio

hehe...corny phrases ALWAYS work
Old 08-31-2002, 08:59 AM   #24
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Too bad the things are impotent, though they are rare, don't expect to see someone actually breeding the things outside of just keeping lions and tigers together...
Old 08-31-2002, 12:45 PM   #25
imported_Evil_Dead_Raven
Welcomed New User

Methinks that we should campain to breed the Liger, then send them to America. But first we have to disarm the pig dogs! FIGHT THE POWER WITH THE LIGER! (and not cheap lager.)

I for one am sick fed up of the lion being called the king of the jungle. Do lions live in the jungle? NO! The live in the plains. But the liger being half tiger should be the new king of the jungle! HAIL THE KING! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!
Old 08-31-2002, 09:18 PM   #26
Moni

That's just wrong.
Not to mention dangerous.
Damn, people won't think til the bastard is loose and then everyone will be grabbing for a gun.
You would think one of these days I will cease to be baffled by man's stupidity.

Old 09-01-2002, 04:32 AM   #27
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
You would think one of these days I will cease to be baffled by man's stupidity.
Not while I'm here, that's for sure!
Hmm...but isn't there this risk with every zoo Moni? If a normal lion, or a normal tiger, or a normal bear (Oh-no, won't say it, dammit! ) got loose, wouldn't there be just as much risk? Are you picturing this thing, this...liger, as some kind of super creature?

EDIT: Typos make the world go round

[ 09-01-2002, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Horatio ]
Old 09-01-2002, 05:26 AM   #28
Melusine
Dracolisk

found a good informative site on ligers, tigons and other hybrids:

http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/hybridisation.html

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2002, 08:12 AM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Thanks Mel,that was interresting.
Old 09-01-2002, 12:58 PM   #30
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Not while I'm here, that's for sure!
Hmm...but isn't there this risk with every zoo Moni? If a normal lion, or a normal tiger, or a normal bear (Oh-no, won't say it, dammit! ) got loose, wouldn't there be just as much risk? Are you picturing this thing, this...liger, as some kind of super creature?

EDIT: Typos make the world go round
[/QUOTE]Well first off the Liger is a super creature of sorts....bigger than a normal Tiger (looks completely soul-less *shudders*) and Tigers are known man-eaters.

There is just as much risk with any of the other animals getting loose. I had the opportunity to live in Kings Mills Ohio when a female lion got out of the Lion Country Safari at Kings Island Amusement Park. National guard units were called out to barricade the perimeters of the town "for just in case purposes" even though the animal "did not escape the confines of the park" (total BS...my High School Science teacher, who lived another mile beyond the perimeters of the town took a plaster cast mold of a paw print in his garden the next morning) The lion was found and killed another 3/4's of a mile farther away from his home in a deeply wooded area along the Little Miami River.
This same park also "lost" 16 baboons from their "Monkey Island" and we got to see them sitting on a wall alongside a road out of town (a mile away from the park, next to the woods) every morning...every bubba and his brother grabbed guns to go hunt monkeys. They were all eventually killed. Thankfully the park had the sense to close down the Safari.

The stupidity is man taking animals out of their natural environments to show them off in zoos and parks, or worse, to keep them as "pets". A nautral disaster could occur any day that could give these animals the freedom to roam where they please (take the recent floods here in Texas for example...two big cats were lost for 12 hours before being captured and returned by the site that hosts them...had any of their neighbors found them first, they would have been killed, not to mention that they posed a public risk had they not been found).

Lions and Tigers do not belong in the United States...if they did, they would have been native to these lands.

Zoos should be facilities used to preserve and protect endangered species, to help those species thrive with the animals re-introduced to their own natural habitats. There isn't much hope for them with the constant presence of humans parading by to get a closer look. Those that aren't endangered simply don't belong there.