Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2001, 12:24 AM   #1
skylane

Thanks Sazerac, for your quick response to my previous question. I started the game in hardware mode, tried all resolutions, but no luck. I just tried software mode, and guess what, it works! I now saw what the problem was : the game froze everytime I tried to click on something to interact with(the lionstatues at the Crypt on the graveryard!. The hardware mode needs really to be patched up... The problem is that I have a 19inch monitor, so the software mode looks really ugly, although I normally don't care so much about graphics. But it must be playable, and now it's really "blocky". If I decide to try it, won't I be missing important items or clues(like keys, levers, ...)? Is there any chance on a new(official)patch in the near future? Oh, and I'm already using the latest Nvidia drivers, every other game on my PC works fine with them, only W&W not. The sound problems are not so important for me, as long as I have sound at all. By the way, this is one of the finest forums I've ever been on, congrats for all of you!
Old 02-18-2001, 01:17 PM   #2
Mammawlin

Wow! And I thought I had problems with lock ups. I truly agree with you that this is the greatest forum. Welcome, and just know you will find help and friends here!
Old 02-18-2001, 02:47 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I'm so glad the solution worked! Congrats!

I have the latest nVidia drivers myself, and they seem to work fine on my system. However, Carg, another one of our forum members, keeps crashing with them every 1/2 hour. I think it's a problem with the software's interface with nVidia, which is a pity, since so many new computers come with those cards installed. HPI should have tailored most of the settings for nVidia and tweaked the others to get them to work with them as well.

I doubt there's another patch in the works. Software mode should be sufficient to get through the game; you really don't miss anything in Hardware mode except some interesting lighting effects in the dungeons.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote