Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2002, 10:42 AM   #1
the_young_one
Manshoon

I saw the movie today and found the movie very entertaining. However, I have some questions on the storyline, so for those of you who have seen the movie/read the book/have a vivid imagination, can you help me with some of the questions below?

Warning: for those of you who have NOT seen the movie and do not want to know the storyline, please do not read further:

1. How come Yoda could get to Geonosis only a few hours after Mace Windu and the Jedi army? Yoda left Corusant at the same time but was able to reach the clone army, assemble them all together and reach Geonosis only a few minutes/hours after the main jedi force. If Yoda was so nifty, shouldn't the jedi knights have waited for Yoda?

2. Yoda is supposed to be Count Doogu's master, but was unable to stop him getting away. In Empire Strikes Back, Yoda taught Luke Sywalker by levitating a spaceship, so couldn't he have used the force to stop Doogu? This would cause serious problems since then the plans for the Death Star would have been halted..

3. What was the point of trying to assassinate Padme in the first place?

4. If the clone army was modelled on the bounty hunter Jango Fett, how come Count Doogu is completely unaware this army existed? Also, he must have not been paying attention to what was going on in the senate - like granting of emergency powers and the authorisation of a clone army. duh.

5. Darth Sidious is also on Corusant, along with zillions of jedi knights. So how come Yoda and council couldn't detect the disturbance in the force? I mean, it wasn't like it was galaxies away..

I'll have to watch this movie again to try to figure some of this out but in the meantime, I look forward to hearing answers or creative theories.

[ 05-20-2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: the_young_one ]
Old 05-20-2002, 11:23 AM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

1. Because the plot called for it.
2. Because the plot called for it.
3. Because the plot called for it.
4. Because the plot called for it.
5. Because the plot called for it.

It is meant to be an entertaining movie, not an after-the-fact analysis of a successful military campaign.

However, just to be fair....

1. It's amazing what you can do with real-time interstellar communications these days. He called ahead.

2. He was otherwise occupied at the time. Besides, Dooku could have countered Yoda's influence.

3. To put a more controllable Senator in her place.

4. What makes you think he didn't know about it? Rest assured that he has been paying close attention to the Senatorial goings-on.

5. Yoda himself says that the Dark Side is difficult to see, even for the Council.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:25 PM   #3
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

ok, my thoughts....

1. They all got there at the same time, but the Clone army needed to be staged, and the command post set up...etc. then at the precise moment....whack......

2.Well, I think that reactor thing was a little heavy for him to hold up, so he was busy.......
Another point, why didn't he just fling it into the escaping ship???

3.She was like a thorn in the side of Palpatine, against the sepratists, very vocal. With her out of the way, Palpatine would have Jar-Jar leading Naboo.

4.He is not unaware, if you recall the conversation Obi-Wan had with the aliens, he ordered the clones. He was going by a different name, 10 years ago, when he placed the order. At the end of the film, Palpatine called him by his real name(the one of the jedi that defected 10 years ago.

5.My I dea is that the darkside clouds everything, that and with so many Jedi the force is diluted. That is why Anakin is going to bring balance to the force, he is going to kill all the Jedi except Obi-Wan and Yoda....therefore balance is achieved. Forget, for now about Luke and Leia, They don't discover their strength in the force for quite a long time.....

P.S Yoda is my new hero.....I want to be like him, when 900 years old, I become.

You Can Not Hide