Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 06:36 PM   #11
Lord Shield

Thanks, Vic, but I'm more annoyed than sad. She did the intervew for this job a month ago and made the arrangements without discussing it. Even told me the job had to be more important than the relationship. If she feels that way, I'm glad it's finished to tell the truth

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 08-10-2001, 07:15 PM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Thanks, Vic, but I'm more annoyed than sad. She did the intervew for this job a month ago and made the arrangements without discussing it. Even told me the job had to be more important than the relationship. If she feels that way, I'm glad it's finished to tell the truth

I...uh...tend to agree, Lord Shield. That's pretty low, no matter how you slice it. Man, that sucks. *sigh*

Keep your head up, and keep your eyes peeled. A better one will be along, my friend!

Old 08-10-2001, 07:50 PM   #13
Tancred
White Dragon

That's... well, I suppose if that happened to me, I'd be posting a lot less coherently than you. All I can say is that I don't think you deserved something like that.
Old 08-10-2001, 10:57 PM   #14
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
2 weeks before our first anniversary, my girlfriend's split up with me - she's got a good job some miles away doing shift work and is moving inwith her sister down there on Tuesday

~sigh!~ guess I'll have to concentrate more on spamming
Wow! You TOO??? I'm single again too! (Well.. I will be after certain papers are signed, sealed, and delivered) After 21 years of marriage my soon-to-be-ex husband decided to fall in love with someone else. Life sux sometimes. But thank ZIROC there's IW to fill the gap!

Sorry for your loss Lord Shield. Best of luck to you ....

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 08-10-2001, 11:04 PM   #15
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

So now we are troubled by more rabid chickens???

Time to ring up KFC

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 08-11-2001, 07:37 AM   #16
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:

Well, you didn't tell me that part... I'd be happy to get rid of her with that kind of attitude.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-11-2001, 08:12 AM   #17
Lord Shield

Bilqis, I'm so sorry to hear that! 21 years? Man, that sucks big time! Come here for a big hug

Another one may pop along but I shan't look for one soon - never risk the rebound. Hmmm... rabid chickens? Well, I should start playing Lord Raptor through ToB next week - then he really WILL be rabid - BWA HA HA HA!!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 08-11-2001, 08:33 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
2 weeks before our first anniversary, my girlfriend's split up with me - she's got a good job some miles away doing shift work and is moving inwith her sister down there on Tuesday

~sigh!~ guess I'll have to concentrate more on spamming

Shit, sorry to hear that, mate. My girlfriend Taryn and I have been apart for about 12 months now, she travels the world with her work and she's Canadian so it's not easy for both of us but believe it or not our feelings for each other are just about as strong as they were when we first met. I guess you could say we're on a "semi-break" till she comes back to Sydney later this year.

I had my doubts about whether or not it would work initially, with the distance and all, but then I realized that there wasn't much each of us could do about it, so I stopped worrying! I just go with the flow and not worry about it. It's outside my sphere of influence, so worrying and stressing about it is not going to help anything. So I just chill and see where it takes me. Taryn's got the same attitude, let's enjoy the time we do have together, and don't stress about when we aren't. We talk when we can where we can, by phone and email, and are content with that. If it's meant to happen it will happen, if not it won't, but we'll have a good time and learn something about ourselves along the way, and hopefully we'll both become better people no matter how it goes, so either way we can't lose!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 08-11-2001).]
Old 08-11-2001, 11:11 AM   #19
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry, things didn't turn out LS. Last thing I saw about on MH looked like things might be able to work out. You seem to have a good attitude about it right now---I'm glad to see that.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 08-11-2001, 11:23 AM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Nice Mem... that is what this thread needed... no one loses. Enough said. No matter happens, no matter how painful, it will be a great learning experience. The more painful the better- the irony of life...

Bigger fish in the sea RedBlue!!! You are thinning out LS options!!!

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this