Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 03:13 AM   #1
Nostron
Manshoon

Spoiler
<
<
<
<
okay, has anyone ever killed the shadow thieves in Mae'var's guild before you finish the treachery quest, because i took the find proof for maevar's treachery but i sided with Bodhi before i did the quest. Bodhi told me to kill linvail, which i did, now i decided to still do the treachery quest.

anyways, make a long story short, here's the problem. everytime i try to kill one of the shadow thieves in Maevars guild, named Zyntris, when i damage him someone appears out of nowhere and kills my guy with one hit!!!!! can anybody explain????

------------------
Mess with the best Die like the Rest!!
Old 03-08-2001, 03:17 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh....looks like you have met the "immortal" version of A. Garth (I think that's his name). Although I am not sure why he appears if you have killed Aran Linvail already......

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 03:22 AM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
This is probably late, but I think in theory you are suppose to do the Mae'Var guildhall quests before siding with Bodhi or Shadow Thieves. If you have not side with any parties and not received the quest from Renal, and try to kill anyone in the shadow thief guildhalls, good old "immortal" A. Garth will appear and wip out your party within 5 seconds. But I think if you have sided with Bodhi and completed all her quests, one of those quest you would have killed A. Garth already, that's why I am surprised that he showed up when you tried to kill someone in Mae'Var's guildhall.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 03:23 AM   #4
Nostron
Manshoon

Huh??? Garth?? sorry iam not really familiar with the background of the game so i don't know who garth or who ever it is.

------------------
Mess with the best Die like the Rest!!
Old 03-08-2001, 03:27 AM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
I probably got the name all wrong (damn short term memory!!), anyways, if the name is correct A. Garth is suppose to be one of the best assassins with the Shadow Thieves (according to Aran Linvail at least).
Read on if you want to be spoiled and have not FINISH the game:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Near the end of the game, if you have sided with Shadow Thieves initially, before final confrontation with Bodhi you can go to Aran and ask for support (same goes for Drizzt, Order of Radiant Heart) and Aran will send his "top" assassins to assist you in evil-smiting. One of the guys he sent is A. Garth.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 03:52 AM   #6
Lord Shield

I remember him. I tried to kill Mae'var's lot before getting the evidence and he wiped out the party with no save. Kill, disappear, instant kill, disappear. God, I hate characters with plot immunity. I shoveed at the front with Bodhi and watched him die

Old 03-08-2001, 05:32 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The guy's name is Arkanis Gath. He wields a sword called KILLSW01 which does 1000 points of damage each hit. The developers' way of telling you to not do that.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-08-2001, 05:42 AM   #8
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Darned...

Memnoch beat me to it..

Anyway, if you decide to recruit the Shadow Thieves help in the Bodhi Finale later, Arkanis will turn up and help...

Just a little extra info.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....