Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2004, 03:33 PM   #1
jturtle2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoilers
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

I cannot get the airship fixed! I have collected 4 wood, 3 spider webs, scrap metal from a broken weapon, belladonna plant from a Auril ranger, 2 diamonds, and finally cheated to give myself 5 thyrm extract (none of the Remorhaz left any, there wasn't any in the airship, and Zack disappeared out of the ice when I came back out from the temple, so I couldn't rescue him). I put them all on the table with the book, and nothing happens. I talk to Oswald, and he doesn't give me a choice to fix it. What should I do?

BTW, I have not killed the last priestess, cause I want to finish all the other quests first. I also have not talked to Nickademus yet. Any help will be appreciated.

JTurtle
jturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 05:22 PM   #2
Epona
Zartan

I found just one broken weapon wouldn't do the job, fortunately I'd been carrying round a load of broken bits and pieces hoping to run into a scrap merchant somewhere along the line!

If I recall correctly, when you put the right components on the table there is a flash and crackle type special effect, then you can talk to Oswald about it.

You also don't need to put the book on the table.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:19 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

The Belladonna PLANT will not be sufficient for the spell. You need a belladonna PASTE. You need to complete the Ice Temple then speak to Nathaniel, who will take care of repairing the airship for you.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 12:27 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
The Belladonna PLANT will not be sufficient for the spell. You need a belladonna PASTE. You need to complete the Ice Temple then speak to Nathaniel, who will take care of repairing the airship for you.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you should still get a special effect over the table when you put all the components (including the belladonna PLANT) on the table (you can do this before going to the ice temple map), and if you talk to Oswald after doing this he thanks you, and says that the spell is working but will take some time. Then when you speak to Nathaniel after clearing out the temple he says he'd better go and help Oswald to expedite the spell.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:33 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

OK Ive killed osaris (sp) and killed the ice gollom in her sanctum, so now what? Oswalds ship is still 'mending' I cant find Nathaniel though I have his "stuff" and nickledemus (sp) is missing! How the hell do I escape and get away from this madness

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Nathaniel should be in the prison cell area. If you've killed all three priestesses and gotten rid of the evil spirit in the altar, all you have to do is free Nate and give him his stuff. He's the one who gets you out.

However, if you freed him earlier, then he has a tendency to wander away and you'll just have to go looking for him. He should be somewhere on that level.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:36 PM   #7
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

This happened to me before, im pretty sure you have to restart.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:12 PM   #8
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
This happened to me before, im pretty sure you have to restart.
Restart what? the game?
No I dont think you dont have to... The thing is many people mistakingly think it's Oswlad who will take you to the next level... but its not. Like Nightowl said it is Nathaniel after you give him all of his stuff (bag and ring IIRC)..
As for Nickodemus he has a very big tendency to wander around the level and he is very rarely in his room.. but if you already asked him for your favor you dont need him any more...

and one more thing... after you Nathaniel gets you out head back to Oswald's ship... he would be gone by then but would leave a very nice potion behind [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2004, 02:41 AM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Nickodemus was found wandering around [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] he never asked for a favour, is there not a quest concerning him?

Nathaniel was indeed waiting patiantly for me, I had just forgot where the prison was

Thankyou all, I was getting frustrated

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:17 AM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Nickodemus was found wandering around [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] he never asked for a favour, is there not a quest concerning him?

Nathaniel was indeed waiting patiantly for me, I had just forgot where the prison was

Thankyou all, I was getting frustrated
He only ask a favor if you ask something out of him.