Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 06:20 AM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
Mexico got a seed because of their Fifa Ranking, but I think, no offence to any mexicans/mexican supporters, it's because they play "not so good" teams so their win per games ratio is higher.

I think that's right, anyway.
At the current FIFA ranking, The Netherlands takes third spot, so if it was about ranking, we would be seeded before any other European team, minus the organising country of course. That we are in third place isn't really a surprise, since we've lost only one game over the last two years, therefore it's all the more ridiculous that the Czech Rep. takes second place. Sure, they're good, but we beat them twice with 2-0 in the qualifying rounds, and they also lost against Romania, so whoever makes that list must have been drunk or something.

No, the reason why we didn't get a seed, is because we weren't there at the last worldcup. We reached the quarters in the US in 1994, the semis in France in 1998, but we failed to qualify for Japan/Korea 2002, so there's your explanation. Still...reaching the quarters and the semis in the previous two tournaments is still better than anything Spain or Mexico have ever achieved.

But hey...seed shmeed...we will win the group regardless.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:55 AM   #22
Legolas
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
And then lose to something that should've been an easy win the round after.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #23
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
quote:
And then lose to something that should've been an easy win the round after. [/QUOTE]That goes without saying.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #24
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
quote:
And then lose to something that should've been an easy win the round after. [/QUOTE]If it survives the first round, there aren't any easy wins left, if there were any to begin with.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:12 PM   #25
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Szass-Tam:
Wow, we couldn't of hoped for a better group really. 2nd place?! No chance.
Anyone beg to differ?
No I agree - 1st!
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:16 AM   #26
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
quote:
Originally posted by Szass-Tam:
Wow, we couldn't of hoped for a better group really. 2nd place?! No chance.
Anyone beg to differ?
No I agree - 1st! [/QUOTE]So is Sven going to be brave enough to play us in the lead ups? I hear in the media that he is running scared of our boys - pity .
Old 12-12-2005, 12:01 PM   #27
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You're playing us Davros, Guus is setting up camp here in Holland, or just across the border. Since we don't play in the same group, we might just as well have a little fun on the pitch, no ? Mexico is coming here first though, and some other country, which i forgot. The Aussies are the last testmatch as far as i know before we shift to Leipzig.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #28
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
So is Sven going to be brave enough to play us in the lead ups? I hear in the media that he is running scared of our boys - pity .
No - I suspect Sven will be looking for a tougher test that Australia.

The reason he didn't want you in the groups is that he knows that you try harder with those chips on your shoulders.

BTW - is Guus the only Australian sporting coach who hasn't been sacked this year? Not a vintage year for Austra;ian sport, was it?
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:46 AM   #29
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Look - I can understand Sven not wanting this game and the fact that it just ain't goin to happen is it . Buck buck bgaaark

The boys from Blighty have the media ringing in their ears telling them they have a real chance of going all the way and that this is their time. How would it look if a rivalry inspired Aussie handed out another smashing to his boys. Hardly the sort of self confidence build they need going into the campaign now is it. Nothing to gain and everything to lose - of course they won't want none of that now will they.

Sooner or later though we will get our next shot, and then I fear you are going to be in for "tears before bedtime" .