Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2002, 02:13 PM   #1
Kelddath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings

I've got a problem. I went on a Windspear quest, killed everything I encoutered, rescued the daughter, only problem is(you probably know what i'm gonna say): Fierkrag is a freakin' dragon!

Can't kill the mutha*** 'cos he kills me and the whole party with a single blow. I wandered how strong should I be before I send the dude to oblivion.
Right now I'm in chapter three(before Bodhi and her crew o' vampires), my sorc is lvl 11.
My party:

Me(Sorc)
Keldorn
Minsc
Anomen
Viconia
Jan

Please tell me:
-when should i go kill the dragon
-what tactics did u use(I'll try summoning of a few dozen monsters, will it work?)
-is it worth it(I hope not to get any more weapons, cuz im loaded with it)
-Am i strong enough to save Mazzy Fentan right now(if not, what lvl should i be)
-please tell me that that mask i assembled does more than just revealing that fiery dude.

Thanks in advance, and oh, nice forum u have here [img]smile.gif[/img]
Kelddath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 02:20 PM   #2
StormCast
Dungeon Master

He is def woth killing, even not for the super armor.

Use 3lover resistance, 1 greater mallison and fingers of death if u have em, if not u can use a cromatic orm(thats what I killed him with... A LVL 1 SPELL )

just be over lvl 12, took him on 14 myself(solo sorc), but summon lottsa monsters and lett him play with them, not to get ur party killed.
Three Rings for the elven kings under the sky,<br />Seven for the dvarf lords in their halls of stone,<br />Nine for mortal men doomed to die,<br />And One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p>One Ring to rule them all,<br />One Ring to find them,<br />One ring to bring them all,<br />And in the darkness bind them.<br />In the lands of Mordor where the shadows lie.<p><br />StormCast
StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 02:20 PM   #3
Jonni Voodoo
The Magister

That is about the level he is supposed to be fought (for a challenge, anyway.)

The tactics/spells I used were -

Bless
Chant
Defensive Harmony
Protection from fire
Haste
Resist fear
Aid on tanks
Bark skin on tanks

The regular mage self buffs (stoneskin, spell turning, globe of invulnerability, etc.)

Summoned a fire elemental (it is extremely effective towards him, surprisingly) and lots of animals.

Mage cast:

Breach, lower resistance, greater malison, secret word (not necessary), lots of magic missiles.

Other than that, just keep beating on him and rotating your tanks if they take too much damage, and he should go down fairly quick.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Jonni Voodoo ]

Jonni Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 04:01 PM   #4
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

Keldorn will try and kill Vicona I think.
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 05:59 PM   #5
Kelddath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Warby: Really?!

When will this happen, during asskicking of the dragon or some other time?
Kelddath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:04 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Welcome to the board, Keldorn will try and kill her after a certain number of game days (I think it's game time dependant rather than real time dependant, or it could be a mix) but you'll get plenty of warning, and just my $.02 don't forget to cast doom on Firkraag (it stacks with greater malison to give enemies a -6 to all saving throws) and I usually make sure all my troops have over 100% fire & mag fire resist (you'll actually regen some hp's from his breath weapon.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]