Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2002, 12:51 AM   #11
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Yes, this is a unique board by itself; especially when the owner of the board is a Siamnese cat... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 10-11-2002, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 10-11-2002, 03:23 AM   #12
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

I think one thing that helps this board be so "peaceful" is the colour... It may sound weird but I think it is true. The brown colour of the forum contributes greatly to the overall atmosphere. That and the people.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:51 AM   #13
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
It's like we really are one big family [img]smile.gif[/img]
That pretty much sums it up! ;D[/QUOTE]I have been playing a MMORPG for 3 years, so when I came here I was regularly visiting a MMORPG forum on the Vault network.

I am not kidding, about 80% of all the posts where flames. Even the moderators where trolls.

At first, when I was posting here, I was looking for hidden insults to the replies I got from posts, and I was always a little agressive.

I was like a soldier coming back from war. I could not believe people where not ploting to kill me in some way. It took a long time before I found out the peole where genuinely nice, and that we had real mods.
Old 10-11-2002, 04:07 AM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
quote:
quote:
Speaking of the name change... what are we gonna call it for short now... we always called it IW... now do we call it EG or something??
Nothing really stuck yet. I like "ESC". It reminds me of my favorite keyboard stroke. [/QUOTE] LOL! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] personally I like del better [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Please no.... that could be insulting to Dutch females.
Old 10-11-2002, 04:17 AM   #15
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lek Dukagjin:
You mean you asked a simple help question and people started insulting you and calling you stupid? That happens a lot with immature folks. Try not to worry about it. Just brush it off. Fools like that you shouldn't even waste your time with.
Heck, there's even a board out there that almost encourages people to call newbies with stupid questions stupid. Yelling at them to read the FAQ and if they don't, threaten with a plaque for the Moron of the Week...
Nope, Ironworks is the friendliest large gaming-board of all, no doubt about it.
Old 10-11-2002, 04:29 AM   #16
Jorath Calar
Harper

I once told a newbie on another board to go FAQ himself... I'm not proud of it... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2002, 06:34 AM   #17
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Speaking of the name change... what are we gonna call it for short now... we always called it IW... now do we call it EG or something??
Nothing really stuck yet. I like "ESC". It reminds me of my favorite keyboard stroke. [/QUOTE] LOL! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] personally I like del better [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Please no.... that could be insulting to Dutch females. [/QUOTE]LOLOLOL!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 10-11-2002, 06:38 AM   #18
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
Yes, this is a unique board by itself; especially when the owner of the board is a Siamnese cat... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
You're surprised?
I have a chocolate point siamese meself and he NEARLY rules the house-the only one who controls him is a half-siamese half-persian the size of a small panther.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:04 AM   #19
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
EG doesn´t sound as good as IW. But it shall do.

My BG page
You could use 'TGE' for 'The Great Escape'. I've used that acronym for 8 years -- since the BBS days!! [img]smile.gif[/img] Since Escape Gaming is now a larger part of The Great escape at www.tgeweb.com.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-11-2002, 07:59 AM   #20
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
You're surprised?
I have a chocolate point siamese meself and he NEARLY rules the house-the only one who controls him is a half-siamese half-persian the size of a small panther.
[/QUOTE]Surprise? Not at all. I always knew there are something very *strange* here... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]