Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #71
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

You've actually saved people... I must've been reading a different game [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #72
Milanthir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Milanthir, the Elven Mage:
World of Origin: The Abyss (Demonweb Pits)
Level: 7 (just barely)
22 HP
AC 10 (-3 bracers) = 7, (-? DEX) = ?
Speciality: Enchantment (which he seems to have no qualms with abusing)
Prohibited School: Evocation and Necromancy (which he's sworn not to use)
Alignment: Chaotic Good (though he's mostly chaotic)
Statistics:

STR: 8
DEX: 12
CON: 10
INT: 18
WIS: 14
CHA: 17

Milanthir, though he may seem the archetypal Elven mage, has no qualms with death. He was in fact born in a world of death - death at the hands of the drow Godess, Lolth, whose home was formed in the iron webs of the Abyss, and whose mercy is unaccountably nonexistent.

Nevertheless, Milanthir's aptitude for magic showed itself from his very birth. When his mother, a mage of no small repute herself, awoke in the abyssal pit, she decided that the survival of her babe was paramount, and used a particularly well-cast dimension shift to move him out of that place...

Only to find himself in a world full of people quite set on killing a certain 'Larry'. Why he must be killed, why there are two of him, and what this has to do with anything is irrellevant: Milanthir merely knows that which he has seen, and calculates accordingly. Sworn never to use fire-magics, he has become quite adept in manipulating the minds of others, but despite his absolute disrespect for any kind of law, he displays an uncanny willingness to do what he sees as right.

There is, at this point, some question as to what exactly his agenda is: It is certain that he is no friend of either Larry, but he seems quite willing to submit to the will of others... Of course, with his mastery of illusion magics, this submission may in fact be slightly less fact than fiction.

Nevertheless, he exists: Around him, the world changes in strange, oft disturbing or unsettling ways, and none can be sure what is true or false.

Milanthir is an elven Wizard who tends to use subtler, if outwardly showy, ways to deal with situations. He is more akin, in fact, to a bard, save that he prefers to use illusions to make his way instead of song. His appearance varies, though without glamers (or with only the few that he's woven into his clothing), he appears to be an aging (but not yet ancient) elf, fit in the way that only elves ever seem to be, with talcum-white hair and a cloak that seems to have been made from spiderwebs (a testament, it seems, to his birthplace and the eventual place of his mother's demise). He weilds no weapon, not staff or dagger, and his presence (again, without magic) is scarcely noticeable. He is, however, proficient with a staff, and wears bracers of protection AC 7.

He specializes in the following skills:

Spot
Spellcraft
Knowledge (Arcana)
Knowledge (The Planes)
Craft (Illusion)
Perform (Illusion)

He prefers not to kill his enemies, but has one instance of Phantasmal Killer memorized in case it becomes necessary. He also has a number of escape spells memorized, and has two copies of his spellbook (one hidden in an extradimensional space, and one with him, though the one that hangs loosely from his robes is, in fact, an illusion).

Spells:
Spell Books

First Level - 10 total at present
1. Read Magic
2. Charm Person
3. Sleep
4. Friends
5. Taunt
6. Identify
7. summon familiar
8. cantrip
9. silent image
10. disguise self

Second Level - 6 total at present
1. Deeppockets
2. Forget
3. Tasha's uncontrollable Hideous Laughter
4. invisibility
5. Knock
6. rope trick

Third Level - 5 total at present
1. Suggestion
2. Hold Person
3. major image
4. fly
5. Dispel Magic

Fourth Level - 3 total at present
1. Magic Mirror
2. Fire Charm
3. Charm Monster

Fifth Level - he can't cast this yet, but let's assume he has 1 fifth level spell in his books
1. dominate person

Spells Memorized: Milanthir may memorize the following number of spells per day:

1st level - 4 spells + 1 bonus enchantment spell
2nd level - 3 spells + 1 bonus enchantment spell
3rd level - 2 spells + 1 bonus enchantment spell
4th level - 1 spell + 1 bonus enchantment spell

I will keep an updated list at the bottom of my character's posts.

That is all.

Note: I'm using italics to demarcate any thoughts/comments Milanthir has, and this handy purple to demarcate any actions Milanthir takes.

[ 01-17-2006, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Milanthir ]
Old 01-17-2006, 02:26 PM   #73
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Milanthir:
[/color]
As you might have noticed these aren't the colour tags on Ironworks. To get a colour here type for example

code:
<font color=red>
and at the end of the colour usage
</font>
[/QUOTE]This used without the code tags would give:

and at the end of the colour usage
Old 01-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #74
Milanthir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank ye kindly fer the clarification. I was unsure as to why ubb code wasna workin', friend.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #75
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Glad to see you on with us, Mil! (Your new code name) I will hopefully get my homework done early enough tomorrow to send minions of death raining down upon you. Until then, please excuse my inability to post tonight.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #76
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Milanthir, the Elven Mage

(text body)

----

Spells Memorized (5/4/3/2): disguise self (1), silent image (2), friends (2) / forget (1), THUL (1), Knock (1), rope trick (1) / suggestion (1), dispel magic (1), major image (1) / fire charm (1), magic mirror (1)
This is one of the best ideas I have ever seen come across our forums, Mil ! Publically posting your spell list not only helps me keep up with how things are rolling, but it prevents you from cheating (I do not think you ever would) and prevents other gamers from wondering if I am allowing you more than your due limit. I would hope that others will take up your fine example.

[ 01-18-2006, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-19-2006, 02:07 AM   #77
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

To all players:

I want to voice my appreciation at having such success in getting people signed up for this game. It is amazing! Cyril and I start a game and suddenly people that have never even been to IW before start showing up and others that have tried making a name for themselves in the past now have that chance, and we are all working together to have fun gaming and creating a great work of artistic expression.

Some of you would be amazed at how much time I spend working behind-the-scenes of my two games. And not just myself, but I usually have Cyril on MSN chat working with me. We sometimes work for hours in a single day. We plan, discuss, answer questions from gamers, and debate several scenes that probably get little attention despite our efforts. But we love our work, so that's enough. I also usually have dplax and Morgie working on several decisions alongside me when I need input from my friends.

Knowing how real-life events cause all of us to miss days online, I must point out that I never made it a requirement to post daily. I sometimes cannot even do that, so I will not hold anyone else liable for what I cannot do myself. However, when I do have time to post, I give you guys my best efforts. I make sure that each character is getting his time in the spot light. I make sure that I have adequate environment for you to game in and I try to keep the games running as smoothly as possible. I could not do it alone, and so I must again point to my colleagues who work as hard as I do at bringing the Lord of the Forums and Lockesville to life with their blood, sweat and tears.

Lockesville was initially created to give new gamers a chance to play a game for maybe their first time ever. We wanted to offer a service to those that were maybe unsure if they would like or want to game online in post-per-post fashion. Not only did it attract new gamers, but some experienced gamers also showed up to make this a truly rich environment for everybody.

I just wanted to say to everyone here, thank you.

As long as you work hard for me with your posts, giving me your best work possible I will strive to give you a great game in return.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #78
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
quote:
Milanthir, the Elven Mage

(text body)

----

Spells Memorized (5/4/3/2): disguise self (1), silent image (2), friends (2) / forget (1), THUL (1), Knock (1), rope trick (1) / suggestion (1), dispel magic (1), major image (1) / fire charm (1), magic mirror (1)

This is one of the best ideas I have ever seen come across our forums, Mil ! Publically posting your spell list not only helps me keep up with how things are rolling, but it prevents you from cheating (I do not think you ever would) and prevents other gamers from wondering if I am allowing you more than your due limit. I would hope that others will take up your fine example. [/QUOTE]The only downside is if you don't want your full capabilities known (Andrion, Roderik, Joseph, etc. in the main game come to mind immediately and for my PC's I always get you a full list via PM) Although something like this might work well in the HP tracker I set up for LoF (see the first page of the LoF discussion thread link second post on the page (yes it needs updating)
Old 01-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #79
Milanthir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aye, I thought of that, but realized that the people here are honest enough that it wouldn't affect their roleplaying, and it helps me keep track of my capabilities.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #80
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Point taken, Morgie. For those that do not know...Andrion and Roderik are evil characters played against the heroes. Joseph is supposed to be strange enough to not be fully understood which is story-plot stuff. They are exceptions.

I will not require this to be implemented...but it looks so good when its done from a certain viewpoint.