Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2002, 01:03 PM   #1
Masque
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have a level 3 fighter and i saved the game right as he got enough xp to level up. but he only gets 1 hp for leveling up. i have been at this for over an hour, and every single restart he gets ONLY 1 HP!! is this a common thing? i am trying to get more hp, because i know in most games your fighters need alot of hp. am i supposed to only get one hp? any help would be appreciated.
Masque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:18 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Masque!

Yes, this is quite common and don't fret about it too much. It seems so awful at this point early in the game, but you are really just wasting your time "rerolling" the level up. Players have done that endlessly and the more you do it, the worse it will get in the long run. Do it a couple of times, if you really must and then just let it go and get on with enjoying the game. By the time you change classes and are leveling up in the new classes and change class again, you'll find that you really have very nice characters and their hit points will be just fine!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 12:10 AM   #3
Masque
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thx, i was starting to get displeased witth the game, but i will carry on, and i appreciate the fact that i won't bother wasting my time over it anymore
Masque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 10:58 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I think the actual logic behind hit points is somewhere in the Best Tip thread (probably right where the index says it is!), but here's my foggy memory of it.

Every level, hit points get re-rolled for all levels. If the total is higher than you currently have, you get the total. If it's equal or less, you get one.

What that means is that if you had two very good rolls for your first two levels, it may not be possible (or probable) for the third-level roll to exceed that number. That would be why you're only getting one HP.

And like Wyvern said, don't let it worry you. My Zenmaster has seen 1 HP at a level, and she has seen 89 HP at a level. It all averages out.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote