Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2002, 12:23 PM   #1
Asmodeus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought I could play this game forever using the same character because there is no cap on experience, but apparently that is not so.

I had my human Zenmaster running through the game on his third play through (once as a Monk with a 6 character party, once as a ZM with a Valkyrie, now solo) and by this time he was an Uber-Uber-UBER character--97th level, 811 HP, most resistances at 100%, averaging 40 points of damage per blow, all stats at 24, all spell books full, and all skills maxed. That's what got me into trouble.

I can't advance any more of my skills (they are all at level 14 with Enlightenment trait), and there are no more skills for me to buy, BUT, now when I level up, I'm stuck with 6 skill points that I HAVE to spend and NO WHERE to spend them! I get trapped in the level up screen, and the only thing I can do is ALT-TAB to crash back to the desk top and close the game.

I think it's insane that HP took this situation into account for maximum attribute points but not for maximum skill levels. As a result, there is a definite cap to how far your character can go.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to find some other way to experiment with this game. Maybe I'll see how long I can stand having a Pixie barbarian.

[ 03-17-2002, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Asmodeus ]
Old 03-17-2002, 12:46 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I think you can get help with this - somewhere "out there" there is an character editor for this game. I believe it allows you to change your skills - if so, you could purposely lower some so you have somewhere to spend your points.

It would have been nice to see what they would have done with the game had they not needed to rush it to market. Ah well!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 01:00 PM   #3
Asmodeus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, Wyvern!

I'll look for the character editor on the net. Yes, it would be nice to see what this game would be like if it lived up to its full potential.

I never agreed with the concept of maximum attributes/skills/levels etc. I understand the need for a maximum level for humans, but I like to think of going beyond that as my character Trancending into Godhood. Very big ego trip!

Do you know, are the other Graemlins from the FAQ page available, or can we just choose from the Instant ones on the post screen? I tried to use and :monster6:, but they didn't work.
Old 03-17-2002, 10:14 PM   #4
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

You can get the editor here:

http://www.volberding.com/WHints/ftplinks.htm
Old 03-18-2002, 08:02 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Asmodeus -

Ziroc has a lot of "Graemlins" available in the Graphics Library (see link at top of screen) but if you have a place to store such things online, you can code them into your response with the IMG command.

Just don't go overboard. The fewer images that are being called up (I mean bigger images, not the little [img]smile.gif[/img] types) the slower the board/posts/threads load. I like to keep the W&W board the fastest loading on Ironworks!

Wyv
Old 03-21-2002, 12:15 AM   #6
Asmodeus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Wyvern and Xignal for your help and advice!

I got the character editor and now can lower some of my more usless skills and keep playing my Zenmaster forever.

This must be the first time that I've ever intentionally made a character of mine dumber with experience! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks again!
Old 03-21-2002, 11:10 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!

This is a "rare" game so somehow that seems fitting!

Do keep us posted on the heights to which you develop your characters!!

Wyv