Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2002, 06:49 PM   #1
NE14T
Elite Waterdeep Guard

for some reason now, when ever my priest/monk advances a level, she can only choose from spirit spells, and I have then all now...
I was only able to choose vine spells through the third level....

a wierd thing is that when I go into the spell choosing mode, the green/vine part of the circle lights up for a second and then goes dim, leaving just the spirit spells.

this is very frustrating as there are a few spells that i really could have been using. spending lots of unnecessary $ on cure poison potions...lol

thanks
NE14T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:00 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You've changed classes - You can only learn spells at HALF their level on the spell books you "gave up".

I think that once your monk reaches the same level that your Priest WAS, that you might be able to learn more Vine spells. I'm getting rusty on some of these details.

If you made this change recently - you might want to consider reloading before the change and concentrate on the VINE spells before changing to a Monk.

Wyv
message below free of charge

[ 03-25-2002, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:15 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Okay - now I'm thinking you aren't going to be able to learn Vine spells at higher than 3rd level. I grabbed this out of the BEST TIPS thread:

Yet another tip: do NOT change roles on spellcasters until you get all the top-level spells you want. Priests: do NOT change roles until you get your Vine magic! Wizards: do NOT change roles until you get your Stone magic! Specialize in these, if need be at first, until you are ready to change to a new role.
The exception to this, of course, is Warlock, which allows you to learn all prior spell craft with no penalty. Still, it's probably a good idea to get quite a few spells under your belt before switching to Warlock, for then you're encumbered with learning a minimum of FOUR spell groups, not just two.

-Sazerac

You can either back track (reload a previous save) OR look for what other class you might change to that will allow you to learn VINE (like Ranger).

Wyv
Old 03-25-2002, 07:16 PM   #4
NE14T
Elite Waterdeep Guard

nuts, that is what I thought, ...I have played it much farther than reloading...the monk level is much much higher than the priest level, must be close to twenty....

thanks!
NE14T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:22 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Change to a Ranger if that suits your plans. They can learn VINE. Also check to see which vine spell books you can buy - there is a list in the BEST TIPS thread.

Good Luck!!

Wyv
Old 03-27-2002, 10:48 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Seems to me that you might not be able to invoke spell books unless you're of a class that can use them.

Have you ruled out the obvious answer? That you aren't being offered spells because you've learned them all? One of the "first time through" mistakes I made was not taking the highest level spells first. If you've learned all the vine spells up to the level you're able to learn, you might see the behavior you described (Vine lighting up, then disappearing).

What levels are you as priest and monk?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote