Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 09:44 AM   #11
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by DonkeyWan:
good lord, whats the problem, burn Yoshimo, he's dross....
Yes, but I needzor a good thief. I mean, I can do the job in a
pinch but my Blade characters is more of a fighter.

Old 06-25-2001, 09:46 AM   #12
Gilgalad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep I am with you Donkeywan....drop Yoshimo what a waste of space.

**************Possible spoiler*************

If you are worried about a thief, you can ditch Aerie when Imoen comes back
Old 06-25-2001, 10:41 AM   #13
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilgalad:
Yep I am with you Donkeywan....drop Yoshimo what a waste of space.

**************Possible spoiler*************

If you are worried about a thief, you can ditch Aerie when Imoen comes back
Problem: Aerie has memorized hella-spells. I mean it, she's loaded, and she's just entering the very nub of her beginning potential. She's basically a powerhouse of offensive, defensive, and mage-hindering magic. I'd hate to remove her. Imoen is ok, but to be honest, she whines alot. (?)

Note to consider: I got gloves to get Keldorn up to 18/00...

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 11:02 AM   #14
merc widowmaker
Dungeon Master

Drop Minsc for Keldorn. You got a ranger "Valygar", Keldorn can pick up Minsc's 2-H-Sword and later use Corsamyr. Minsc has only 2 quick weapon slots

------------------

Nobody tells me what to do, not even me !
Old 06-25-2001, 11:05 AM   #15
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by merc widowmaker:
Drop Minsc for Keldorn. You got a ranger "Valygar", Keldorn can pick up Minsc's 2-H-Sword and later use Corsamyr. Minsc has only 2 quick weapon slots
Dropping Minsc is like dropping my uncle joe. I've known him forever, and even though he's not a real uncle, he might as well be

Besides, I'd miss Boo and related dialogue too much. Nothing makes me grin more than listening to Minsc's simple natured dialogue after a successful quest. Oh, and he's protecting a new witch, remember. I know its just a video game, but I'd be really backstabbing the poor fellow in the back if I dumped him now.

Looks like I may be dumping the V-man for Keldorn. Its the only character I have the least amount of need for. Well, 'cept for Yoshi. I could off him, technically. But then it would leave me in the roll of thief (oi.)

"Magic is good, but now Minsc is in charge! Swords for everyone!"

Old 06-25-2001, 11:09 AM   #16
merc widowmaker
Dungeon Master

No no ... the guy is soft in the head ! And is pretty usless to boot. I got no problem with anyone playing him, but when someone asks for advice I say Minsc belongs in a home for the mentally impaired and not in the dangerous environs of adventuring.

------------------

Nobody tells me what to do, not even me !
Old 06-25-2001, 11:18 AM   #17
Waluin

Yeah, he's pretty dense. But when I see him hasted/aided/blessed/chanted/etc'd and hitting the front line of baddies, then seeing the baddies explode into neat chunks one after the other, I still see a little semblence of potential. Granted, he's not much use for much else, but hey, I'm a softy at heart. Maybe Minsc is the logical choice. But then again, I rule with my heart. Good point though, I'll have to consider it.

As of right now, I think the V-man still gets my vote for the boot.

This discussion is pretty cool. Any other opinions/takers?

Old 06-25-2001, 02:22 PM   #18
Waluin

A update/bump, depending on wheter someone thinks I'm horribly wrong.

Here's what I've come to conclude:
1) Minsc/Valygar are the logical choices to drop. Yoshi is my go-to thief, and I'm gonna need that until I get better options in that area. Imoen nonwithstanding. I dont want to drop Minsc. I just dont have the heart to.

2)Keldorn kicks ass. What can I say, he does. Valygar is a great character, but when it comes down to the final equation Keldorn is better in a fight, obviously.

So when I get home from work, I'm droppin Valygar for Keldorn. If need be, I can always return to his cabin to pick him up later.

Another thing to consider: this sorta frees up minsc for me so I can try out some other combat types. I recently aquired "the ripper" longbow and want to try it out with him.
Old 06-25-2001, 11:26 PM   #19
Waluin

bump/update again.

I just wanted to say that I made the right call, and thanks everyone.

The K-man just kicks total ass. Crossbow is nice touch. Go Mr. Paladin Go!