Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2001, 10:59 AM   #1
sbarry
Welcomed New User

Hey. -- just so you know, I am going to be talking game here, so if you do not like spoilers, please do not read --

I am in Collasium, and when I activated the elevator to get to the passage that leads to the second(?) tablet, my elephant dude was standing on it. He received the typical crushing damage, and I moved off.

The problem is, the elevator is now stuck at what I believe to be halfway up. I cannot fit through, even with a pixie, and I cannot "Vanish" there (coincidentally enough, also with a pixie).

I am stuck. My last save is about a 2 weeks back, as I had been stupidly resaving over top of the same game, and I do not want to go through the pain of retracing my steps to this point.

Is there anything I can do? Is there a way to reset the elevator?
sbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 12:05 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I don't remember ever using an elevator in Collasium...do you mean the Crab Traps?

Sometimes a fish will swim in there and jam the trap up...

I think Wyvern may be able to help you, if she's around (she's recovering from Eye surgery). She's great at getting players around stuck positions.

Three words: Save, save, SAVE!!! and use different slots. Especially right after completing a major task, or before starting a new one.

Hope it works out! Contact Wyvern and see if she can do anything for you.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 12:22 PM   #3
sbarry
Welcomed New User

Thanks Saz.

I do mean the crab traps. I assume that I am going to have to knuckle under and redo from my last save.

It definately is not a fish. I have had a pretty good look down there, and have tried a few times to "unstuck" it.

Although, in reviewing the boards, it seems that some of you have had luck cracking the savegames and inserting the hex necessary to obtain an item. Is that possible to do with the second tablet?

Oh, and ya, save. My hindsight being 20/20 I had already come up with that one

[This message has been edited by sbarry (edited 07-06-2001).]
Old 07-06-2001, 12:37 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Sbarry: yes, it is. And Wyvern is EXCEPTIONALLY good at "hexing" er, that is, "hex-editing" a lost item in for a person.

Her e-mail is maiee@earthlink.net if you want to e-mail her and ask for assistance. I don't know if she's online right now, but that would be your best bet.

Meanwhile, try for the third tablet while you wait. Make sure you have at least 1 glowstone, as you'll pick another one up on the way to the third.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 12:51 PM   #5
sbarry
Welcomed New User

I already have the third. I have cleaned out this dungeon. I just cannot get to the second.

Thanks for the email; I will drop her a line.
Old 07-07-2001, 12:23 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, sbarry!!!

I'll try to get to this this weekend so you can get back on your way in the game!! That's the plan, but patience is appreciated!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote