Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2001, 12:53 PM   #1
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Wish Me luck my mom after all Forteen years told me That I was adobted by who is now my legal dad she won't tell me his name though and I might be gone for a while on my search for him if you have any Ideas what Search endines to use Plez post them Thank You
Plez no tips on the huskey thats not my father its who my mom was married to when I was born But he was in Prison and she cheated on him.
Louis Rice or original Birth name Louis Huskey Jr.

------------------
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 12:58 PM   #2
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

My search Begins Tommorow, 7/6/01
Old 07-05-2001, 01:26 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Blessings to you, and best wishes, Louis, in the hopes of finding your father. Start with the Internet. There are services out there that can help you get in touch with anyone. Also: go back and trace records, starting with the last known record and going from there.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 04:13 PM   #4
rjsmith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Louis,

It may be too obvious to ask, but have you actually seen your Birth Certificate? There is a spot on there for the name of both the mother and father. Perhaps your mother did put your biological father's name on there. The hospital in which you were born might also have records -- perhaps visitor records to the "birthing center" on the few days in which you were there. Given that your mother's husband was in prison at the time, it is possible that the legal records have recorded him as your father. That would leave he, your mother, or one of her friends / acquaintances from that time period as your only legitimate source of information.

Good luck. You have a certain right to know, as any unique family medical history could benefit you and your children. Although, there is speculation that mapping of human DNA will allow medical doctors to tell you all about your susceptibility to disease with more accuracy than a family medical history, anyhow.

Best wishes.
rjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 09:00 PM   #5
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

some state prisons have searchable sites.But I will say this my friend,you absolutly have the right to know,but you are walking the razors edge.The man you called dad all these years was your dad good bad or other.I only wish you well and only suggest you talk openly with your mom and dad before you open a pandora's box you cannot close.I hope this persuit goes well for you all.
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 10:18 AM   #6
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

he was at a county jail and my birth certificate says the man my mom was married to and he is not the father because of jail in there for two years.

------------------