Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 04:59 PM   #11
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I feel pretty bad myself - guilty. I was in the middle of a couple of 'disturbances' and seem to have been the cause of both, though not at all intentionally.
I just wanted out, yesterday, and if I didn't love all you guys so much, I would have left. I still might, if I can bear to, 'cos I really hate feeling responsible. I just don't feel comfortable posting any more, in case you are all thinking badly of me.
(Yes, I AM feeling sorry for myself )

Fljotsdale, no more of that talk, you hear?

You are one of my favorite people on this forum and I absolutely FORBID you to leave. You got that?

Besides, I haven't noticed you doing anything wrong or that you should feel guilty about anyway, at least no more than anybody else here should.

I'm afraid we all have probably been tenser than usual lately. I really do understand what you mean about feeling guilty. When I read Saz/Memnoch's post (I forget which one it was, and can't find it again at the moment) about being disappointed in some of the people here, I felt guilty, knowing that I have contributed to some of the late chaos here by some of my provocative posts.

Nevertheless, we are not mere robots. Emotion and passion are essential parts of life, without which it would not be worth a damn. The past week has obviously been a time of great turmoil, which has spilled over into this forum. From one point of view, this may appear a terrible thing. From another point of view, what does it say about us except that we are human, and that such important things DO matter to us a great deal, as they should?

My dear Lady Fljotsdale, take heart. You are a credit to this forum and I am glad that it has given me an opportunity to get to know you a little. I look forward to many long discussions with you here in the future
Old 09-17-2001, 05:04 PM   #12
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

You better NOT go any where Ms. Fljotsdale!
Who else can I share my unbounded knowledge with and not tick them off???

Love ya!!! *hugs*

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. Occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy *
Old 09-17-2001, 05:07 PM   #13
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Is it that a war psycology has gripped us...?

Are the planets aligned...?

Do I think the flaming is actually kind of interesting in a voyeur-gossip-hound kind of way?

I agree with Diogenes Flojtsdale! No more talk like that!
Old 09-17-2001, 05:16 PM   #14
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
I feel pretty bad myself - guilty. I was in the middle of a couple of 'disturbances' and seem to have been the cause of both, though not at all intentionally.
I just wanted out, yesterday, and if I didn't love all you guys so much, I would have left. I still might, if I can bear to, 'cos I really hate feeling responsible. I just don't feel comfortable posting any more, in case you are all thinking badly of me.

Miss Fljotsdale , I have been unfortunately masochistic - and of course curiuos - enough to read all of those infamous threads, but I have not seen you involved, let alone, responsible in any of the flaming there. Quite to the contrary, your one post in the thread where Moni threatened to leave was incredibly generous, caring, understanding, insightful and wise. Unfortunately, Moni herself was not able to see or admit that at that time. But that in turn was of course beyond your control.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 09-17-2001, 05:19 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Dio... buzz buzz buzzz I do think you just noticed it late, as it IS quieter now.

F: I haven't seen you 'in the middle of' much lately! You need not feel so bad, as far as I can tell!

fwiw, recent events had me seriously considering leaving the forum at least three times in the last few weeks. Then I'd read a post or chat with a friend from IW and I remembered exactly why I've been here so long. It's a wonderful community full of interesting people in all kinds of professions, all ages and many countries. People who help each other, care for one another and are always ready with an answer to a problem. I love this diverse little corner of the world.

CloudBee

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-17-2001, 05:22 PM   #16
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Thanks, you guys. I really need that reassurance. When you get personally attacked, you can't help but feel responsible. Sorry to be such a misery. Love ya to bits!

------------------

Old 09-17-2001, 05:29 PM   #17
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

A good observation that we are human, and when the lubricant of politeness is not applied, the friction of all these great minds can generate some of the most unusual and spectacular combustions I have read almost anywhere(until the hivekeepers get involved). When pride goeth before the posting, the fall from grace can not be far behind. Not, of course, that I would know anything about that.... I keep on reminding me to laugh at myself, why should other people have all the fun?

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy. Nuke'm til the damn camels glow.
Old 09-17-2001, 05:32 PM   #18
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Don't feel sorry for yourself...you didn't know and I honestly believe that. If I would have thought it would have brought cheer to these glum (not so now) folks I would have 'played' along as well. Whatever you do don't leave this board because of it or anything else for that matter. I have a feeling some of my best arguements (debates?) might be with you...hehe...you agnostic you! (o oh now I did it). If I made you feel bad then I apologize for it ( besides, my parents would beat me for making one of my elders upset).

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."
Old 09-17-2001, 05:40 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I love our Ironworks too, and am hopeful that things will simmer down soon, as the forum doesn't have the same feel when there is rampant hatred flying about. I hope nobody leaves because of it. Most of the time, everyone gets along I think, just sometimes certain controversial topics get people heated. Rarely will you see fights in a less serious or silly thread. You know, earlier I was just perusing a lot of older threads from back in April. People who are fighting with eachother now, seemed the best of friends back then. I truly hope that things can bounce back to the way it was back then, it almost made me teary eyed just reading those great posts

Anyway, this bee is relieved it is calmer today, is the first step you know

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 05:43 PM   #20
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
Don't feel sorry for yourself...you didn't know and I honestly believe that. If I would have thought it would have brought cheer to these glum (not so now) folks I would have 'played' along as well. Whatever you do don't leave this board because of it or anything else for that matter. I have a feeling some of my best arguements (debates?) might be with you...hehe...you agnostic you! (o oh now I did it). If I made you feel bad then I apologize for it ( besides, my parents would beat me for making one of my elders upset).
Thank you, Kahn! I appreciate that. And I enjoy debating, lol, so anytime...!
How is Moni? I will understand if you don't want to speak for her, ok?

------------------