Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2002, 03:58 AM   #21
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Would Yahoo take the files ?? My main email is hotmail, but I do have several (hundred [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) yahoo addresses... if it will take it, email hercules_god_of_strength@yahoo.com ... its the only one I remember the password to
Old 04-27-2002, 04:12 AM   #22
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

You know, in reading my post back, it looks like a bit of a cop out. The time thing.... I don't mean that as an excuse. It is what it is. I made choices, expecially the drums, for genre applicability, contemporarity and because of the availability of sounds/time. I have to say, I'm pretty happy at this stage. New gear, new songs, new collaborators, new manager. But then I'm too close. If they suck, they suck because of my choice

The manager is right into the songs, which is really important. (Been there done that. The shelf can get pretty uncomfortable )

Anyhow I'm using Reason, a program from Propellerhead I recently bought. Their sounds are - well, in my opinion - pretty good. No external sound modules were used. Perhaps this has something to do with it.

"Flat and smooth"? Maybe the compression? Radio compresses the hell out of songs, so you have to multiband compress everything during the process or things can get freaked out later on.

It means dynamic get sacrificed in many modern songs. I like dynamics, and normally record dynamically, but it this batch have kept a more uniform compressed level.

Classical is extremely dynamic by comparison.

I'm not sure what you mean by the rough edges and layers bit. There are definitely "layers" recorded. Not quite sure what you are or aen't hearing there. Same with rough edges. Do you mean sonically? Or performance? Mistakes? Is that what you mean by rough edges? Or sound/part choices?

I've gone for more focus on groove, keeping with a direction I embarked down a few years ago. And yes a smoothness too.

Ah whatever. I'm having fun. I'm loving what I'm doing.

Anyhow I'm excited about the portability of the Powerbook setup. Studio-in-a-bag.

Hey BTW Bahamut, Milamber, your addresses didn't accept the files.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-27-2002, 04:19 AM   #23
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
LOL, you watched LS again? Did you still like it? Hey, did you know that the actor who plays the creepy guy is being tried for murder on his wife?
Yeah, but Mullholland Dr. seemed 'wierder' by comparison I thought.

Yes, Robert Blake is on trial.

And your name..... WHAT THE F*%$'s YOUR NAME?!

[ 04-27-2002, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

Old 04-27-2002, 04:21 AM   #24
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Yeah, but Mullholland Dr. seemed 'wierder' by comparison I thought.

Yes, Robert Blake is on trial.

And your name..... WHAT THE F*%$'s YOUR NAME?!
Dick Laurent is dead.

LOL, haven't seen Mulholland Drive yet, but I sure will... [img]smile.gif[/img]

D*mn, gotta run now, going to visit relatives in Germany for the weekend... see you all later! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2002, 04:24 AM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'm at your house. Why don't you call me? Call your house.

Old 04-27-2002, 04:29 AM   #26
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Don't. Bloody. Freak. Me. Out. Like. That.... yikes!!

[img]smile.gif[/img] was great watching that movie with you though [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2002, 04:31 AM   #27
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Don't. Bloody. Freak. Me. Out. Like. That.... yikes!!

[img]smile.gif[/img] was great watching that movie with you though [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]It sure was. We'll have to do it again some time. Now that I'm in the Northern hemishere, travel is so much cheaper, quicker and feasible.

Old 04-27-2002, 07:30 AM   #28
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

WTF? I mean that has a 5MB limit... crap.. hmm I dunno now! I wanna listen to your song! Grr How about trying my Yahoo email addy it's in my profile... sh!t... hmm...