Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 10:14 AM   #1
Vampire

Following the wake of the brutal attack on the United States of America, I was listening to a heated debate on a Sunday afternoon on the BBC Radio 4 programme. Several issues were raised of which I picked up on a few. Below are five of them and I wonder what our fellow Ironworks members thought of these thought provoking questions. My thanks! This is very similar to multiple choices but adding your own reasoning. Please number your responses.

1) Would this attack have happened under a hypothetical extended Clinton Administration?
A] Yes, this already planned attack was scheduled to happen.
B] No, such an attack would have been delayed indefinitely.

2) Is there a chance that ALL perpetrators that knew in detail of the attack died?
A] Yes, I think there is a slim chance that all responsible are dead.
B] No, I think someone in authority must have extensive knowledge of the attack.

3) The statement by a British MP: “Treating the Disease is what America should do, and not treat the symptoms”. To what extent do you agree with such a statement? The statement implies that America should review its foreign policy which provokes such attacks, rather than fighting an endless horde of terrorists.
A] Yes, I think it’s time America reviewed its foreign and defence policy.
B] I think the foreign policy needs adjustment but terrorists still needs to be smoked out.
C] I think we should remain on the current path, and take the fight to the terrorists.

4) Do you think the recent US pull out from the environmental discussions, the building of the ICBM defence shield, the race convention and the planned pull-out of the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile Treaty led to this attack?
A] Yes, I think these are very relevant issues, which provoked the attack at this moment.
B] I think these are factors, but didn’t have a decisive influence on the attacking time.
C] I think it has no relevance as the attack was going to happen regardless.

5) “US’s failure to notify the UN Security Council on past strikes, shows signs of lack of respect and arrogance”. Is this statement true regarding the past US strikes against terrorism in the wake of the Sudan Embassy bombing, and the Oklahoma bombing?
A] Yes, I think America should wait for a resolution to be passed on the security counsel.
B] No, I think America should have a right to strike where it wishes provided it believes terrorists exists there.

6) The BBC Proms Night was altered dramatically to include an ALL American night with US national anthems and songs to replace some age-old traditions. This was ordered by higher authorities and not by those who control the concert. Do you think this is justified without any consultations?
A] Yes, in the wake of such disasters in the USA, programmes should be altered.
B] No, paid viewers should expect traditions be carried on with only minimal respect and disruption.

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 09:06 PM   #2
Anubis
Dungeon Master

Interestin if I may say

------------------

You shall sit in judgment with Osiris
Old 09-18-2001, 04:39 AM   #3
Vampire

Huh? Why so few responces??? I guess we are all a bit weary of the situation....sigh Nevermind.

------------------