Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2003, 10:04 AM   #1
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

One thing - prepare yourself well before entering this cool place. Gaxx can not enter here ... I hope. [img]smile.gif[/img]

spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Watchers keep.

What a place. But what nice artifacts [img]smile.gif[/img] .

On level one you're fighting some statues - they cast lvl 7 insects spell on you what causes 100% casting failure, fear, etc - really nice - you've got to kill two of them very fast or ... any idea how to protect against that spell ?

On level two there are notes, notes, notes .... Some immortal cold 'things', some immortal fire 'thigs' until you read the notes of course. And at the end regenerating poly-elemental demon - I've got lucky with successful harm spell. Even when it was near dead I had to do enormous amount of damage to kill it.I found a piece from the Flail of ages - where to forge Flail of ages +5 in D'armise keep ?

On level three - rooms with dead magic - no spellcraft allowed, but my enemy becomes invisible and everybody run in (demon)fear - cool - they (the demons) fight me with poison (try to cure poison from scared party member). The portal you enter in the next room is not always the exit. And guess what - rooms with wild magic - casting bless causes slow [img]smile.gif[/img] and many other 'wonderful' things. And in the room where I can cast at last and what I cast is what is it (sorry) there is a demon who can make some special hit that kills permanently (any HP) - no wish, no raise, no ressurect, etc. All the rooms are filled with traps. I'm still here - the wild magic rooms are dead, and the dead magic rooms also. I'm wondering what happens on the next two floors of the keep, but don't answer me this question - I want to see it by myself.
Merlin from Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 10:09 AM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

Heh ... gotta search real hard for questions in that post

I believe the only way of protecting yourself from that spell is the level 5 spell --> Spell Immunity: Conjuration.

IIRC Spell turning and the like do not work .. but I might get corrected on that [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2003, 10:11 AM   #3
Annatar
Mephistopheles

1. Creeping Doom (level 7 Priest Spell/Conjuration/Summoning), Cast Spell Immunity---> Conjuration and the spell is nullified.

2. Pocket Plane, Cespenar can forge the extra head to the exsisting FoA.

3. No idea actually....

This should be in the ToB section because these are questions concerning Watchers Keep (location added by the ToB Expansion)

[add] Damn beated by 2 minute's! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 04-08-2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 04-08-2003, 10:26 AM   #4
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

Thanks. May be you are right - this must be in ToB forum, but I post it here because I'm still playing SoA (Irenicus is still alive) and I'll not begin ToB until Irenicus is dead. I really don't know where is the correct place. I'm not sure that Watchers Keep will be accessable in ToB. I'm sorry if I have done something wrong. I suppose I'm not able to move posts, so if you can move it.

Pocket Plane escapes me - where is that plane or how to enter ?
Old 04-08-2003, 10:32 AM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Erm... when you finish SoA and enter ToB; you'll find out what the pocket plane is.. and who Cespenar is.

Off-topic:
Merlin from Amber, I already pointed out in the ''Sorcerer Ability /Aerie Ability'' thread that you should watch how many threads you start and what they consist of, you started 3 threads in like 10 minutes.

All the questions you askes could simple be in one QT (Question Thread) because they are all rather small (except the ToB questions). People do this often here in the BG II section of the Forums, its easyer for the people around here to answer all the questions in one single thread then to answer several small questions divided in 3 or 4 threads... get my drift?

Old 04-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #6
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

got it.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:59 AM   #7
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Okay good, I repeat I don't wanna be a wise ass that is getting on your nerves.. but repeating this will not get you populair here; not even talking about the repercussions that can/will follow if you continue this. (concerning about spamming ect.)

But your fine... your rather new here so, no harm done
Old 04-08-2003, 12:04 PM   #8
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Merlin from Amber:
Thanks. May be you are right - this must be in ToB forum, but I post it here because I'm still playing SoA (Irenicus is still alive) and I'll not begin ToB until Irenicus is dead. I really don't know where is the correct place. I'm not sure that Watchers Keep will be accessable in ToB. I'm sorry if I have done something wrong. I suppose I'm not able to move posts, so if you can move it.
[rant]

The Watcher's Keep is a ToB dungeon that is accessible in SoA also in ToB. You can only access Watcher's Keep if you have ToB.

How do I know this? So many people have posted ToB junk on this board that sooner or later an unsuspecting soul is going to run into something.

You honestly didn't know, Merlin, but what really irks me is when people post ToB stuff here because fewer people read the ToB board because few folks at Ironworks have ToB.

Let me repeat that one more time in case you didn't catch the irony.

People post ToB stuff on the SoA board because fewer people read the ToB board because few folks at Ironworks own ToB.

So, what, you have to wait 2 hours instead of 2 minutes for a question to get answered?

If I want to be spoiled on ToB stuff, I want to do that on my own by reading Volo's Comeuppance or Dan Simpson's guide. I want to choose what I get spoiled on.

I'm tired of reading posts on this board and thinking, "hey, that wasn't in my game...wait a sec..."

[/rant]
Old 04-08-2003, 01:12 PM   #9
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

I absolutely agree that what is only related to ToB should always be posted in the ToB forum, such as this post, but it did clearly mark in the subject that it would (partially) concern ToB, and there was also a perfectly visible spoiler tag in the very beginning. If anyone was spoiled by this post then he's got no one to blame but himself.

Furthermore, I do think most who play BG2 have ToB, the reason the ToB forum isn't that active is because there's simply a hell of a lot less content in ToB. Compared to SoA it is an extremely short "game" and thus, fewer questions concerning ToB will arise. Most of the more popular mods also takes place primarily in SoA, so compared to SoA there simply isn't much material to build questions on in ToB.

[ 04-08-2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 04-08-2003, 01:24 PM   #10
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I agree with Rataxes, There is a spoiler tag and it did mention Throne of Bhaal = ToB in the titel of the Thread, there for Merlin is not responsibly for you being spoiled... you shouldn't have entered it in the first place if you didn't wanna get spoiled.

This (what I already mentioned) should be in the ToB section, though the ToB section is rather neglected (due to reasons Rataxes has pointed out), this does not give everybody the right to put his ToB threads in the SoA only section.

I emphasize that Merlin is a rather new member of IronWorks, don't blame him for not knowing the precise place to put this Thread in (its confusing because Watchers Keep is also accsesable in the SoA WorldMap), I also made the mistake once. He will learn from his error and will now (I hope ) post topics concerning Watchers Keep/Any other thing related to ToB in the ToB section of IW.

He put on 2 good ''stick to the rules & regulations'' Spoiler warning tags so, only thing that was wrong was that it statet spoiler and not ToB Spoiler.

Don't attack new members to fast Pirengle, just point them to the right direction... don't smack there head with your long posts (I like them by the way ) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Everybody makes mistakes.... where only human you know [img]smile.gif[/img]