Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 12:47 AM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Howdy. Now, this may be justifiably interpreted as rumour-mongering but ah well.
Anyway, my friend's younger brother has just graduated from the Australian army's logistical corps and is at present in training for what he described as "the invasion of Iraq early next year". Whether or not his word is to be accepted, and regardless of whether or not this is already common knowledge to many of you I am curious as to everyone's opinions as to whether this invasion would be justified or not, and what the repercussions of such an invasion may be in the future.

Halting Iraq's invasion of Kuwait is one thing, pre-meditating an invasion of Iraq itself is another.

What could this act do to consolidate anti-western sentiment in the Middle-East as a whole? Could terrorist networks such as Al Qaeda use Iraq as a rallying point for additional massive terrorist attacks on invading Western nations? How serious would the death of Saddam Hussein be in the Middle-Eastern political climate? Would he be gladly rid of by the majority of Iraqi people, or would he be martyred?

Serious questions to think about, even if my friend's, brother's testimonial isn't true [img]smile.gif[/img] Constructive feedback appreciated.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:15 AM   #2
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

Sing along friends!

We are the world... we are the children...

Don't worry people, Dubyaman comes to the rescue of the iraqi children being mass murdered by Saddam!
There is no doubt that Iraq will be one of the next american target, probably with the help of the other sheepish western gvt who wants their share of cheap oil.
Two lies are being brewed and broadcasted over and over again by american, canadian and british medias to prove that this would be a "just" war:
1- The 500 000 children who died because of the sanctions are nothing but Saddam's propaganda... although these numbers come from a UNICEF report that gathered all the informations on the field refusing to use any facts/numbers given by the iraqi government. You probably heard it so much times by now that you won't believe me.

2- Saddam is building nuclear/biological weapons again. rofl, that masterpiece of bullsh*t has been proven false by every independent group since 1991. Recently, even the CIA denied what Dubya pretended. But now that we can smell cheap oil, they might after all be building weapons of mass destruction.

By the way, when the EVIL Saddam used biological warfare against kurds and Iran, it was well known and even backed by the U.S. gvt.
Back in the 80s, Saddam was "our kind of guy" against the anti-american Iran. It was the perfect testing ground for american-engineered biological weapons.
When the war ended, Irak became more and more independent from the U.S., which eventually lead to its invasion. The CIA and U.S. knew months before that Irak was planing an invasion of Koweit, but they never sent an hint of disaprovment to Saddam Hussein. They needed to bring that rising country down.

Don't be fooled, this is not a war against terrorism, for security or whatever, this will be a war against the OPEC quotas. No wonder the U.S. gvt doesn't want an international court of justice.
Old 07-16-2002, 03:35 AM   #3
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Flibulzbuth- I too was greatly perplexed as to why the USA foreign diplomats vetoed the international warcrimes court of justice. They said it was to prevent "frivolous" accusations against the United States should the court be put into place. Yet the court serves to investigate grievances in depth, dismissing the frivolous and prosecuting the genuine. I'm just wondering what the American military has to hide when it doesn't want to be subject to the same laws of warfare as every other member of the UN. Not making any baseless accusations here, just very very curious.
Old 07-16-2002, 03:57 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Good, doesn't come a moment too soon, dismantle that entire country.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:51 AM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

See that horse there? I've already beaten it. Yes,even when it was already stone-dead. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
In other words, I've participated in such a debate before, and I'm not gonna do that again... Just go back a few pages and look for a thread started by Megabot regarding this subject. And yes, I'm 100% against this invasion.