Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 06:18 AM   #1
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Well, I don't know very much about the technical aspects of the Internet, but I wanted to share one observation and the idea resulting from it: I switched to the opera browser a couple of days ago which has got one nice feature; it displays in a very detailed way every action while loading a page. Over the last couple of days I have thus been noticing that the loading of a page here very often goes very smoothly until images hosted by certain external sites, above all Angelfire.com, have to be loaded, then the whole process slows down considerably, stalls or even times out. So, wouldn't it make sense to just identify such problematic external sites and ban any images hosted there from the forum ? I'd nominate Angelfire.com as the first of these sites.

As my own little cow in my signature was hosted by Angelfire, I have already gone ahead and brought it to the slaughterhouse.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 06-24-2001, 07:01 AM   #2
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

after that suggestion i've also changed my sig. hope it works.

------------------
Death is the way of the ninja, luckely i'm not a ninja
Old 06-24-2001, 12:45 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc has hosted sig files locally in the past. He may be willing to do so if the file size is small and you ask him to do so.

Also: if the file size is relatively small, I'd be willing to host some of them on my server. Contact me at [email]sazerac1963@yahoo.com[/img] if you're interested...my server is fairly fast...well, a LOT faster than Angelfire, at least!

Cheers,