Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 09:25 AM   #1
judee
Dungeon Master

Okay, in one of my two paralell games, I used himfrom the start as soon as I arrived in Arnika. Not bad. I have both him and Vi and am now heading for the cemetary, etc, then will go on to Trynton.

In my second game, I already have a Rogue, as well as a Monk and a Ninja (also Martial arts, no weapons except throwing stuff.) They are all three front line because of no weapon or dual knife(Rogue) short range. My Magic users (Psi, Priest, Alch) are on the second line.

In that game I rescued Vi, even did all of Arnika without Myles. Lol, he was pretty miffed that I rescued Vi witout him, but he is still willing to come with me as I head for Trynton.

But I'm wondering if I should take him? I have no room for him on the front line. Vi can go sideline, and my three mages have extended weapons and slings, so they are fine on the second line.

But it seems it would be a waste of Myles to put him on the second line with just a paltry sling. His knife/dual skill is useless there. I guess what I am concerned about is that he will be eating up some of the experience points, and for what? Is it worth it just to have an extra body to have to heal in battle, etc?

Okay, all you Myles lovers out there, give me a reason to keep him, or I'm leaving the poor schmuck behind.

judee
judee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:30 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Leave the schmuck behind!

IMO, he's not worth it...there's far better NPC's out there, if you like taking them with you. He never stays with the party when you go to the "tougher" areas.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:31 AM   #3
April Ryan
Dungeon Master

hey sazerac...

what abt the andriod monk.. VI is great but i heard there are a few places she wouldn't go..

how abt spoiling it for me.. who are the worthwhile npcs to bring along?
April Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:57 AM   #4
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

There is a way to get more than 3 people on the front line. Do not use the upper or front quadrant. I have 2 characters on each flank, one in the middle and the spell caster's in back. With this formation anybody directly in front of me can be attacked in close combat by people in the middle, left, or right flanks.

As for Myles, Since he does not go anywhere useful, I have finally punted him. He was sort of useful at the early levels but when I play again, I will not keep him. I do like Vi and have not yet been to an area she will not go yet. I also just picked up the trooper monk and he rocks. I love his comments and the conversations with him.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 11:00 AM   #5
judee
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the tip, MF. I never would have thought to simply remove the front line and make the second line the front.

Simplicity, simplicity.

judee
judee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 03:26 PM   #6
tabbikaat
Dungeon Master

MF-yes that sounds like a pretty spiffy formation, but what about when you are inadvertantly surrounded with no chance to get your back to a wall......such as what just happened to me in the Swamp???
tabbikaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 04:11 PM   #7
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

There have been only a few times my back has been exposed to the enemy. If I see anything on my Radar I start looking for cover even in the swamp. When I have been surrounded I concentrate on disabling or quickly killing those things behind me. Then I move to the front.

By using both flanks with your melee people, they can anything except those on the opposite flank. Not many swarming monsters can survive the onslaught of a Beserk Samurai, ninja, ranger, Valk, monk, Gadgeteer, Bishop, and Psionic.

This formation does mean you have to be constantly looking for the bad guys and making sure you can get your back against something.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 04:29 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by April Ryan:
hey sazerac...

what abt the andriod monk.. VI is great but i heard there are a few places she wouldn't go..

how abt spoiling it for me.. who are the worthwhile npcs to bring along?

I THINK the Android Monk will go anywhere...I KNOW he goes to Bayjil.

I'm not sure on the others. Saxx won't go to Marten's Bluff, the T'Rang Samurai won't go to Mt. Gigas (no duh!) Haven't taken Sparkle along so I have no idea what her 'druthers are.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 04:31 PM   #9
stillwater
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lose the schmuck. He's not that great. I've been using the monk-android and umpani bard......
Old 12-12-2001, 10:04 AM   #10
Virgil
Dungeon Master

Myles is not limited to a sling for ranged weapons. He can use a bow or a crossbow. If you want to power Myles up, switch him to a fighter at his next level up.

Unfortunately, he won't go many places, so he's not worth getting to attached to.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote