Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2004, 08:53 AM   #1
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Afternoon all,

Having read the three RA Salvatore trilogies i'm looking for something a little different now and more magic orientated.

I understand from other threads on here that the popular choices are between Elminster and Raistlin. Both characters I would be interested in reading about, but I prefer 'realism' in my books. One of the criticisms i've seen of Greenwood is a lack of realism, so is he the only author to do a series of books on Elminster?

I'm looking for the 'coming of age' stories, so if somebody could tell me what the very first 3 books concerning both characters are that would be wonderful (cuz they're always trilogies ). I find it very difficult to tell on Amazon whether the books they're trying to flog me are the first ever books written about the character or just first in a series.

Thanks in advance, and if anybody can strongly recommend the books about one character over the other that would also be very welcome [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-21-2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:23 AM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Thanks Winterfox, just read Soulforge and it was exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait for the next installment, but trying to find a nice UK source, everywhere is shipping from the US! It's a real shame about Elminster because he's a fantastic character, but I do value my braincells so will steer clear for a bit [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

you could try amazon.co.uk (the british amazon.com)