Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2000, 06:49 AM   #1
lohengrin

Well it would seem that there is nothing new under the sun...
Yes I know the game runs on the Infinity engine, but they could have tweaked it a little, maybe different character icons (new portairts aren't enough to 'wow' me....)
And what the heck is it with createing a whole party, what a pain!
Half the fun of BG was meeting and joining up with the npc's, none of that here I guess......
Now to be fair, I haven't played the game a whole lot, maybe I have yet to see how great the game is, but my first impressions are....gee a BG clone, with som retro-game play (remember the old Gold box games where you made up whole party???).
I shouldn't be surprised that Icewind Dales release was buried under all the hype of D2 (*gasp*! i said it!), where as D2 is a step foward, this game seems to be standing still in time, or worse yet drifting backards.
If I uspset anyone, I am sorry, and prehaps you can explain why i am mistaken......
Old 07-30-2000, 10:45 AM   #2
sibley

Yours seems a perfectly valid opinion. Why would anyone want to talk you out of it? You're free to like or dislike whatever you want.

FWIW, you don't have to roll up a whole party. The pre-rolled characters are very good.