Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2000, 06:34 AM   #1
Growler

All right, guys, I had enough of the final battle of Chapter 2.

My superb party was slaughtered a few times by Yxunomei, who seemed to be invincible. I hit her with everything I got, magic, magical blades, etc, and I got Weapon Ineffective message filling in the quick message scroll while my party was getting torn apart by the multi-armed, half-snake beauty (you can argue with me for that).

I need some suggestions, how exactly do you bring Yxunomei down? I may have missed a few magical items designed to defeat her, and it would be the best if I know the specific weapon or its enchantments...

DO reply soon...
Old 07-25-2000, 02:07 PM   #2
Slinky

This is what I did. I summoned a few monsters with my cleric and let the snake thing go to town on those while my mage casted a few Alganazor scorchers (or whatever the name is) and worked it down till it was hurt. I moved the rest of my party up so they were hidden. Then I took my ranger and some arrows of fire and lead it down to a room right below where it was originally. If you look you will see some kind of pool with water in it. What I did was lead the snake around the pool, then when I got enough distance on it, I fired off a couple of arrows. I ran around the pool some more with it chasing me and did the same thing. So basically I took advantage of the Artificial Intelligence or lack there of. If you have oil of speed or potion of strength, those will help immensly. Melee combat isnt a very good idea with it, because it will mow right through your party. Hope this helps. Let me know if it worked.
Old 07-25-2000, 07:45 PM   #3
Chimpy

I just beat that snake whore today. I used a tactic similar to slinky, but here's what I did. First, before I entered the room with snake whore, I made one of my priests cast Sanctuary and then had him talk to her so she would transform. She usually casts Kill Cloud right after transforming, so stay away from her. After she transformed, I had my mage cast Aganazi's Scorcher on her and my mage was just far enough so that she didnt attack(hehe). After I ran out of scorchers she casted summon undead on me, and then I ran to the pool. She attacked my mage and that's when she made her mistake. I had my other party members destroy the summoned creatures then retreated. Using my mage I led her to the pool area and ran around in circles while my other magical characters did some damage. I killed her using a mage and two priests. The other people I had were fighters so I just had them stay back. As long as she's attacking one person, she will ignore your other party members unless they get in her path. I think fire deals her decent damage. Also find anything in your inventory that will do damage on her, like Oil of Burning or those fire things that you get from killing Lizard Shamans. Here are the spells I used which dealt her damage: Aganazza's Scorcher, Fireball, Skull Trap, Magic Stone, Glyph of Warding, Color Spray, Spike Stones, and one item that I'm sure of, Oil of Burning, and maybe others.