Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2000, 12:39 AM   #1
CHAOS

The same thing happened to me. I didn't get any items from him. His inventory was empty. But I have no more options. The room is sealed and there is nothing to do
Old 07-17-2000, 02:49 AM   #2
JoeyBlir

WARNING SPOILER BELOW

I killed the demon in the ice tower pretty easily. I've got an invisible ring (not a ring of invisibility) and I'm even wearing it. I'm stuck in the room where I killed him. I can't seem to leave. I at least wanted some positive feedback like, "You killed the bad guy, have a good life." Have I completed the game? How do I leave the room? Is there a movie? Will I ever meet Jennifer Love Hewitt?

Please let me know!
Old 07-19-2000, 12:24 AM   #3
Wretched

When you kill the final boss, that's it... game over. You shouldn't have the option to run around the room anymore at all, because the game is supposed to cut to the final cinematics (such as they are). However, alot of people have experienced this bug... basically the only thing you can do is load from a saved game and try the fight again to see if you can get the game to finish properly.
Old 07-26-2000, 05:07 PM   #4
simppajamppa

Well, the fight itself is not worth mentioning, but the bug manifests itself over and over and over again... I wonder if replaying from a little bit further along the game would help any.
I don't feel like trying that now, if someone has any success with dealing with this bug, please post =).
Old 07-26-2000, 08:02 PM   #5
CHAOS

I had the same problem but i found a way around it a finally got to see the ending. I backed up my save games, then i deleted the game completely from my hard drive. I was desparate to see the ending so I was willing to try anything. When I first installed the game I did full install. This time I tried the recommended install. I placed my backup saves into the game and then fought the final battle again. This time I got to see the ending. WOO-HOO. I just think it is a possibility that the file to cut to the end movie wasn't installed. On the full install all movies are put on your harddrive, recommended install they play right off the CD. Anywho, give this a try if you did the full install(Hell, try it even if you didn't). You need to see the cool conclusion to a great game with a great story.