Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2000, 02:58 PM   #1
helmloc

Has anybody come across a suit of elven chainmail? If so, where can it be located? I've heard that it may be randmized on Kaylessa. Is this true? Also, if you want to re-encounter an enemy with randomized items, do you need to replay the entire game to get back to that point, or is there a shortcut where the enemy will have a new series of items without having to start from scratch? I've got a fighter mage who is just dying for some good armour, so please help me if you can. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2000, 10:49 PM   #2
DraGoNMasTeRMinD

I dont know how it works with randomized items on people, but i've heard how it works with randomized items in fixed locations (chests, bags etc.). For example, in the Prologue, when you go the orc cave (i think its orcs, it was a long time ago and my memory sucks), the items you can find there are randomized. To see what item it is, save right before traveling to the area, and go through it. If the object you get isnt to your liking, reload that save game and reenter the area. I would imagine it would work similarly with items on people, that you'd have to save before entering the screen you've found them on.
Old 07-25-2000, 09:07 AM   #3
kdogrex2

Yeppers, it works the same on people, too. Found that out with the Orc Chieftan in the Mill wa-a-a-ay back on the road to Kuldehar!
Old 07-26-2000, 03:00 PM   #4
sibley

According to the hint book, there is elven chainmail in the game. There are both Elven Chainmail of the Hand +3 and Kaylessa's Elven Chainmail (also +3). From the names, I would assume both are found somewhere in Severed Hand, and indeed that Kaylessa's is found (randomly, not always) in Kaylessa's dropped loot after you kill her. I guess it makes sense that elven chainmail is found in the major elven area of the game.

Rumor is that the random items are placed the first time a map is loaded. My experience is that this seems to be correct.
Old 07-27-2000, 09:14 AM   #5
Erekose
The Magister

Why do you want elven chain when the robe of eyes does a better job?
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2000, 10:26 AM   #6
helmloc

The elven chain has an AC of 2 (as opposed to 3 for the robe), and has a +1 dexterity bonus and 20% cold resistance.