Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2000, 11:38 AM   #1
rocky

Im in the caves where Malavon is located and Im killing all these Umber Hulks and Im keeping their hides.Should I keep them?Do they sale for a good bit of gold?Why should I keep them?Please respond to this if u know cause my inventory is full and i have to get more stuff.
Old 07-27-2000, 11:49 AM   #2
kdogrex2

Supposedly you can have someone make you some Umber Hulk aromor later on in the game, but all I ever found what someone tha would make a crappy shield out of a Rhino Beetle shell, for 10,000gp, no less. I'm sure someone'll be able to tell you more, but I ended up dumping them all to make room for other stuff.
Old 07-27-2000, 04:13 PM   #3
sibley

Dump the umber hulk hides. They sell for a maximum of 40 gp each, and you have to carry them back to Kuldahar. Maybe you can sell them in Severed Hand, too. I forget. Anyway, you can't sell them anywhere close by. (The hint book says Dirty Llew buys them, but he wouldn't buy mine. Maybe this is fixed in the 1.05 patch.)

Yes, you can buy Umber Hulk Armor (one set). It's for sale in Dirty Llew's store. I don't remember any NPC constructing any. Probably someone has this confused with the rhino beetle shield.

The rhino beetle shield is eventually a +3 shield. After getting it constructed take it to Nym, who will enchant it. The total is cost is high, but you should have plenty of money at this stage of the game. Just depends on whether you want another +3 shield.

To minimize the cost of the rhino beetle shield, have a female character negotiate with Dirty Llew (cuts his price in half) and bargain with Nym. He initially asks something like 30,000 gp, then raises his price to 33,000 before settling for 28,000. He says the last price is for a lesser enchantment, but it's not.
Old 07-27-2000, 04:28 PM   #4
rocky

Thanks for the info guys