Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2002, 06:34 AM   #1
Vampire

So what does everyone think the point of life is or to be more precise what is intrinsic aim of your life? To be happy? If so how do u define happiness for yourself, what makes you smile on the inside?
Old 07-10-2002, 07:53 AM   #2
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

The intrinsic aim of life? Procreate. Thats all I can think of. To simply continue the exsistance of the species. Any thing beyond that is beyond me without getting into a religious discussion.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:03 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
What makes me smile on the inside ? Well, if someone becomes happy because of something i did or said it always gives me a good feeling.
Old 07-10-2002, 12:59 PM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Hey, i`ll go ask my friend, Ragnar. I think he knows [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Nobody really knows. This is one of the million mysteries of this cursed reality
Old 07-10-2002, 09:22 PM   #5
Lioness
Jack Burton

*shrugs* I'll just share my own personal little quip: "Life sucks, then you die. Make the most of it."
Old 07-10-2002, 09:23 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The point of life? To make it as nice as possible for others. Spread the love

And as you reap what you sow that'll get you the nicest possible life as well [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2002, 09:54 PM   #7
Animal
Gold Dragon

The one with the most toys at the end wins
Old 07-10-2002, 10:14 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
and men are, that they might have joy.

~Unable to provide quote reference~

Oh, and that thing that Eathdog said about procreation...
yeah...I'm with that!

[ 07-10-2002, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 07-10-2002, 10:29 PM   #9
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

More likely than not there is no real *point* to life. It is merely another of the incredibly complex chemical reactions and processes present within the universe in which our wavelength of matter exists. I'm no physicist, but life is probably just a result of a coincidental and I dare say accidental combination of favourable organic circumstances upon this particular planet billions and billions of 'years' (in inverted commas as the actual length of a 'year' a billion 'years' ago was different to the length of a 'year' now) in the past. The phenomenon of life has been able to feed and grow and develope upon itself to the point that it has become so complex and self-aware that it can actually begin to ponder the meaning of it's own existence. Quite remarkable really.
That's why I never really get these 'meat is murder' folks. Life is just life and it perpetually feeds upon itself as it soaks up and absorbs more nutrients from it's surroundings and implements them into an increasingly complex and diverse system of interdependent developmental processes. But that's getting off track, sorry.

in a nutshell: No point. Wondering about the 'point' is merely human curiosity as a result of our large brains having nothing more urgent to occupy themselves with.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:06 PM   #10
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

The point of life is to further the evoulution of the species. This can be done in more ways than just reproducing, inclucding as was said before, "spreading the love." To me just furthering evolution is somewhat er... depressing way of looking at things. We express our sucess at this by being happy, which to me is a much better point of life. Do whatever it is that makes you happy, but be aware that you will never know what that is until you try it.