Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2001, 04:16 AM   #21
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

hi there

falling out of the wayside here, I say PETITION!

You know folks, as much as I do enjoy this game, I think alzagor spoke many words of truth in his post. Perhaps we may have to just wait for Wizardy 8, but you know, there HAS to be something can do.

Any one out there work for or know of a software design company? Its too bad we couldn't help publish a game ourselves, with all of our collective ideas...it seems like something could develop.

On that note, does anyone have a way to contact DWB? Is he hiding in the hills or is there a way to contact him? Wyv?

This sounds like a good chat subject to me.

ok...past my bedtime.....

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 02:50 PM   #22
alzagor

In the past DWB has tended to take a year or two off after the big game has been released. You should be able to contact him at heuristicpark.com. He's probably busy starting work on a new game (or in the process of talking to publishers, which can be very time consuming).
Old 02-05-2001, 03:11 PM   #23
Sean Mc.

Howdy Skywalker and Other W&W Adventurers,

From my point of view, it's the best game of it's kind I've played. I'm 30 and grew up with video games (had the pre atari pong hooked up to the old black and white.) I really enjoyed the Bards Tale games when they came out, this game reminds me much of that oldie. Would like better character viewing...it's kind of a bummer being able to see all other creatures close up, but no image of yourself bigger than few inches. Diablo was pretty damn boring, and I ended up playing Icewind Dale while still playing this game and was pretty dissapointed...even though I did enjoy a short stint playing Baulders Gate II.

A similar version of this games layout, with a slightly more japanese anime graphic, would be cool direction.

Jedi Force Power #23
Quick emotional processing:

"What's wrong?"
"I felt a great disturbance in the force..as if a million voices all cried out then were suddenly silenced. Oh well contiune with your studies."
Old 02-05-2001, 05:29 PM   #24
alzagor

One reason why I was pushing to get the multiplayer re-installed, be it official, unofficial, supported or unsupported, was b/c you would then be able to see your character! Not that dinky 2 inch character on the interface, but in the world. It was a real blast seeing your character fight, dance, wave, etc.etc. and swap out all the costume pieces left and right in the real world. Made me proud of my party, watching them kick monster butt through the countryside! heh

Hardware Wars quote:
"Ugh!"
"What? What is it? Did millions of voices suddenly cry out then suddenly stop?"
"No no... just a headache"

Old 02-06-2001, 06:35 AM   #25
carg
The Magister

Hey Alzagor,
it's great to have you contributing to this forum, as one who has some inside information. There are just a lot of things we're wondering about, and it's very nice to read about why things developed as they are.
I only wonder a bit about your expectation that Bradley's next game will be console. Given the fact that he'd preferred the game even without an automap, I can't imagine his style of RGPs successful on a platform for mostly young people, and heavily leaning towards action. Well you know him, but I still hope you're wrong.
Do you think the multi player version was a narrow miss, or was it only half finished?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 01:26 PM   #26
alzagor

I don't know for sure if it will be a console game. That's just a guess, b/c console games are so much easier to develop for. It's a lot easier to say develop for the X-BOX *then* convert it over to the PC.

I don't think anyone will try for the pen-n-paper mapping approach anymore. I was just saying that the initial spec for Wizards was going to use that method, then it was discovered how impossible that would be since there's no set movement distance in a 3D world.

The multiplayer was functional when I last played it, but I think it was stripped out b/c it would have required Activion to increase their beta-testing by 6 times(!) and we all know how lackluster Activision has been with this product. Wizards did have multi/co-op puzzles in it from day one, but they of course were removed. The one that comes to mind is the 2 urn puzzle in the crypt with the multiple gates. That did require atleast 2 people to pass, forcing your party to split up and go down each path.