Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 02:14 PM   #21
Traute
The Magister

I play mostly female characters with the occasional male thrown in. In Wizardry 6 / 7 I played all-female party, because they could get very powerful by repeatedly circling through Valkyrie.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 05:50 PM   #22
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Speak for yourself, Moni, lol! I only run and scream if an earwig or spider, or wood louse falls on me unexpectedly, lol! Otherwise I am quite calm about th... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek wassat? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!
Um, er, 'scuse me? Did you not see the comment "on a serious note?"

I was kidding. I don't run from bugs unless they are full sized cockroaches charging in my general direction. Sentient beings should not come in the form of cockroaches in any size!

Where the heck do you go that an earwig or woodlouse would fall on you?
Eeeeeew! LOL!

I have never seen earwigs anywhere but on the ground and I am not sure I have ever seen a woodlouse. Bugs under an inch long and or wide are harmless unless they are poisonous, in which case I play smart and either avoid areas that may contain them or go in fully armed with a new can of RAID! Same technique applies for areas where bugs could actually fall from above.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-07-2001).]
Old 06-06-2001, 06:58 PM   #23
Tancred
White Dragon

Down the middle. 50-50. It just seems *right*, somehow - the feeling of duality lends itself to the feeling of a fictional setting. Even the programmers appear to have picked this up, and there are a lot of male/female 'teams' in the BG world - Khalid and Jahiera, Slythe and Krysten, Eldroth and Skie, Irenicus and Bodhi.
Likewise, my parties tend toward this feeling of three duos working together. My BG party saw Myself and Imoen as one group, Khalid and Jahiera as another, and Minsc and Dynaheir as the third. Likewise my BG2 party - Myself and Imoen again, Jahiera and Minsc as the survivors of the first game, and Anomen and Nalia as the newbie rich kids.

Tancred
Tancred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 10:32 PM   #24
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I like to try alot of variations.
In BG2 I have tried to play with all female and all male and mixed. Also with male or female soloed. But in most of these I have always started over. A mixed group is what I always end up with, usually rotating the main character's gender each time I start over.
Gender and alignment always affects the way I answer questions in the game, as I'm sure it does for everyone. I try to roleplay to the best of my ability with each different character.

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 06-06-2001).]
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 10:43 PM   #25
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Sazerac? The character creation screen of all the BG games and IWD says there is NO difference in attributes, etc, between male/female characters, if I remember correctly. Is there something I missed on that? Or, despite the claim, is it not true in practice?

Hmmm, Fljotsdale, it was Wizardry and Wizards & Warriors that I was thinking of...Males get more Strength and Vitality, Females get more Agility and Personality (or sometimes Piety). Males are also able to carry more, and I hate to have to micromanage inventory.

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 02:48 AM   #26
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

I allways play with at least 1 Female and name her after my wife.
I like knowing shes a part of my role playing and it adds to the
fantasy in wich I submerge myself into. GOOD FUN

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.
Gwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 07:13 AM   #27
Sir_Tainly

50/50 or 60/40 male bias. I like to have dwarves in the party and a female dwarf, with a beard!!!! No way

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger
Old 06-07-2001, 09:51 AM   #28
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Where the heck do you go that an earwig or woodlouse would fall on you?
Eeeeeew! LOL!

I have never seen earwigs anywhere but on the ground and I am not sure I have ever seen a woodlouse. Bugs under an inch long and or wide are harmless unless they are poisonous, in which case I play smart and either avoid areas that may contain them or go in fully armed with a new can of RAID! Same technique applies for areas where bugs could actually fall from above. [/B]
I have had earwigs fall on me from the curtain in the house... well, ok, it only happened ONCE! I screamed so loud the neighbours came rushing to see what had happened! I felt SO ashamed! As for woodlice, just walk under a tree with rotting branches! Again, only once, but a woodlouse in your hair is NOT nice! I'm not afraid of most bugs, and I actively like a lot of 'em 'cos they are interesting to watch. But I'm not too keen on things with lots of legs - 'specially if they move fast.
I don't kill 'em though, unless absolutely essential. I feel they were on this planet before us and have as much right to live as I do - but then, I AM a bit nutty, lol! Happily, the uk has remarkably few critters that are poisonous, and none but the viper that can hurt large creatures. I suspect that if I lived in a country where there were a lot of 'em, I'd be out there with the RAID as well!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 09:56 AM   #29
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

Hmmm, Fljotsdale, it was Wizardry and Wizards & Warriors that I was thinking of...Males get more Strength and Vitality, Females get more Agility and Personality (or sometimes Piety). Males are also able to carry more, and I hate to have to micromanage inventory.

Yeah! The little potion, scroll and gem bags in BGII and IWD/HOW are SUCH a big help! Even so, some characters are able to carry very little weight so you have to mess around swapping light for heavy stuff in the inventories all the time.

------------------

Old 06-07-2001, 10:03 AM   #30
Fljotsdale

Since I started this thread I have tried several games with mixed teams just to get back to being comfortable with it, and I now have a team of 3F/3M that I am very happy with, so will probably play to the end with them.
Sir_Tainly - I agree about the female dwarfs!

------------------