Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2001, 04:48 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

A few times this week, while responding to or creating a post, after finishing and choosing "Submit New Post", I got an error saying, "Unable To Load Page." This is due to some work going on with the IW server, according to Saz.

No problem. I've always been able to use the "back" button, highlight my post and copy it. Later when things are up again, I just paste it into the post.

Today, twice when posting I got the load page error, but when I tried to go back, that page was gone too. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! My three paragraph post is gone

Now before I hit submit, I "copy" the text first. Better safe than sorry. Most people probably do this anyway, but for those who don't, try it.

copy = CNTL + C
paste= CNTL + V

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Old 10-26-2001, 04:55 PM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

I do that too now. Usually my username and password are filled in automatically, but sometimes they don't. Bye bye post

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-26-2001, 05:29 PM   #3
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
A few times this week, while responding to or creating a post, after finishing and choosing "Submit New Post", I got an error saying, "Unable To Load Page." This is due to some work going on with the IW server, according to Saz.

No problem. I've always been able to use the "back" button, highlight my post and copy it. Later when things are up again, I just paste it into the post.

Today, twice when posting I got the load page error, but when I tried to go back, that page was gone too. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! My three paragraph post is gone

Now before I hit submit, I "copy" the text first. Better safe than sorry. Most people probably do this anyway, but for those who don't, try it.

copy = CNTL + C
paste= CNTL + V

Another thing that I do, since I'm a mad mad multitasker, is open up a word processing window and type my stuff there. It helps out with spell checking it. Thanks for the tips though.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-26-2001, 05:36 PM   #4
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Good idea that one. But sometimes the post had actually BEEN sent on the forum - it's the "redirect" that takes ages (so I'd assume that it didn't post anything - and therefore when I post again, I get a double post.

Annoying eh?.

But its a good idea.

------------------
Old 10-26-2001, 05:42 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
Another thing that I do, since I'm a mad mad multitasker, is open up a word processing window and type my stuff there. It helps out with spell checking it. Thanks for the tips though.
I like that idea!

I also keep a separate window open with a dictionary for spelling, and another with google.com, so I can check on facts and use a quote or two.

------------------

Old 10-26-2001, 05:47 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Ronn! I posted something similar in the War Forum today.. I've been copying as I go on longer posts ever since the old blue board went dodgy on us and kept losing things. Nothing worse than finishing your literary masterpiece only to have the board burp and lose it all!

It's definitely a good idea if you are composing a long reply in the forum. But the idea of doing a post in wordprocessor is also a good one!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-26-2001, 07:44 PM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Hey Ronn! I posted something similar in the War Forum today.. I've been copying as I go on longer posts ever since the old blue board went dodgy on us and kept losing things. Nothing worse than finishing your literary masterpiece only to have the board burp and lose it all!

It's definitely a good idea if you are composing a long reply in the forum. But the idea of doing a post in wordprocessor is also a good one!

Cloudy

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought so as well.

Unfortunately, I temporarily forgot while responding to a post, but after a lengthy typing session, I remembered and brought up MS Word to check for spelling/grammar errors, or tried to.......

It caused a fatal error, and forced a reboot! Lost everything

I'll start with the processor next time!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-26-2001).]