Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2001, 05:26 PM   #11
MagiK

To be honest I am not totally sure the people involved
really know what ethics are...my problem is, that much like
ART, I may not know the definition, but I know it when I see it

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 10-26-2001).]

Old 10-26-2001, 05:27 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Not own SUV's

Not own SUVs....Hmmmm. LOL, weird, what did they find unethical exactly with SUVs? Something about emissions maybe?

------------------
Old 10-26-2001, 05:30 PM   #13
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Not own SUVs....Hmmmm. LOL, weird, what did they find unethical exactly with SUVs? Something about emissions maybe?

Actually by the end of the discussion I think they were starting to confuse ethical with politicaly correct to be honest...

------------------

Old 10-26-2001, 05:31 PM   #14
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

BUT........

Never fail to realise, that one ethical factor might be totally unacceptable in another. And that ethical factors are seen differently.

Do you base on:

[*]Outcomes?[/list]
    OR

[*]Actions?[/list]
      E.G: What if your actions were lying ("breaking honesty") in a an 'act' of good to maintain intergrity (outcome) - thus preserving your loyalty?

- Think - it's a very interesting subject that: philosophy. I'm very glad that you're studying it.

------------------
Old 10-26-2001, 05:36 PM   #15
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Actually by the end of the discussion I think they were starting to confuse ethical with politicaly correct to be honest...

Sure did confuse me LOL! Well, to me, ethics is something of a human nature, mainly based on Honesty and Fairness.

------------------
Old 10-26-2001, 06:10 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Sure sounds like it! I wonder if they'd think I'm unethical because I let someone open a door for me today..

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-26-2001, 06:18 PM   #17
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Sure sounds like it! I wonder if they'd think I'm unethical because I let someone open a door for me today..

Cloudy

Well, as long as you offered someone a piece of gum within the next hour of said door opening, you should be safe. If you didn't though, uh oh!

------------------
Old 10-26-2001, 07:38 PM   #18
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

Well, as long as you offered someone a piece of gum within the next hour of said door opening, you should be safe. If you didn't though, uh oh!

Offered Gum? Im confused

------------------

Old 10-26-2001, 07:41 PM   #19
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
BUT........

Never fail to realise, that one ethical factor might be totally unacceptable in another. And that ethical factors are seen differently.

Do you base on:

• Outcomes?[/list]
    OR

• Actions?[/list]
      E.G: What if your actions were lying ("breaking honesty") in a an 'act' of good to maintain intergrity (outcome) - thus preserving your loyalty?

- Think - it's a very interesting subject that: philosophy. I'm very glad that you're studying it.

Wah, only a very cruel and mean person would insist on complete and utter honesty at all times. So an ethical person would/should also know when honesty is not "The Best Policy" No one should ever tell a mother during delivery that she looks like she has been possessed.... or admit that your brand new baby looks a little like a lizzard or maybe they should put it back for a couple of weeks to cook some more

------------------

Old 10-26-2001, 07:49 PM   #20
Ladyzekke

Quote:

Offered Gum? Im confused

Just joking around Magik. Used the "gum" thing to basically say if she did another person a good favor, then she would be even. Sorry, again, just a silly nonsense joke, not really made to make sense, which it doesn't, which was my point, doh, nevermind. Hey, it's Friday, no work tomorrow, I'm just feeling in a wacky mood!

------------------