Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2001, 07:35 PM   #11
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Bumping this back up in case it was missed by anyone who may want to read it.
(Yes I am vain and need confirmation of my worth to the world)

Moni
Thanks for bumping.

I think the only thing I can say is 'Sweet Jesus' and be happy you are with us to share your story.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
Old 05-07-2001, 07:42 PM   #12
Row Firecam
Dungeon Master

You don't expect me to read all that do you???

//*looks at frowning crowd

Okey okey I will

see you guys later...

------------------

Keldorn's Younger brother
Old 05-07-2001, 07:43 PM   #13
Moiraine
Anubis

Moni ! I haven't had more than 10 mn in a row to come here for the last two days (RL and BG II hooked me in their claws ). So I only flown over your post, I will read it thoroughly tomorow - just wanted to tell you for now that I am SOOO glad you are here with us.

I have my own gray story, if not as bad as yours - maybe I will muster the courage to share it one day ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-07-2001, 07:54 PM   #14
Row Firecam
Dungeon Master

Okey I just it all, it's a very interesting story, I happen to be one of those lost souls that has lost their faith in God and I always envy people who keep their faith. I'm glad you eventually became better, and this "friend" of yours and the doctors make me very sad, that there can exist such evil is this world.

------------------

Keldorn's Younger brother

[This message has been edited by Row Firecam (edited 05-07-2001).]
Old 05-07-2001, 07:57 PM   #15
Charlie
Lord Ao

Moni sweetheart,

I got things I want to say to both you and Saz, I'll be mailing you guys and others soon ok. As it is my eyes are pounding and my heads watering from e-mailing for nearly 12 hours. I just can't squint into the thing no more today.
I'll catch you though ok.

Love ya baby.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 05-07-2001, 10:15 PM   #16
Moni

BK,
Thank you!

Moiraine,
All gray stories are bad. I believe that what counts are the lessons we learn from from them and what of them that we carry with us throughout the rest of our lives.
I would like to read your story if you ever feel like posting it~no pressure though~if you never want to expose it here, I'll fully understand. If you ever feel like writing it down and sharing it in a more private setting, my e-mail address is here in my profile and you can trust me to keep it as secret as you want it to be.

Row Firecam,
I HAD lost my faith...that accident was a big kick in the pants letting me know I needed it back!

Thank you for your post and just so you don't carry that saddness around with you, let me tell you that:

# 1, Bill Clinton did away with laws that kept poor people from getting emergency medical attention. ER's can no longer turn away people dying and in need the way I and many others have been.

#2 Ten years after the accident, I was minding my own business, going to a friend's house when like with "the hands", I felt just a presence and was "asked" if my friend dying at the hands of the police who had helped him would be justice enough for what he did to me to be forgiven.
I thought it was weird but had to agree, it would be justice, indeed. Well, about three days later, I got a phone call from another friend of ours asking me if I had heard about Billy.
Not having heard anything I said no and proceeded to slip slowly down the wall and onto the floor as he told me that Billy had been drinking and was issued a DUI that would cost him his job as a security guard. He got irate and took his gun down to the local convenience store and shot up their ice machine. Cops were called to the scene and instead of handing over his gun and allowing himself to be arrested, Billy turned his backs on the cops and started walking home. They called after him to stop and he ignored them. Three shots were fired, two of them into his head and one into his knee. All three officers fired on him, only the youngest one shot him in the leg. The other two, veteran police officers and friends of Billy's took him out.
Was it pity for a man who would have lost everything if he had lost his job or contempt for a man who showed them no respect when they had allowed him for years to get away with drunk driving, accidents, and who knows what else? I don't know and I don't want to but I had to think that the presence I felt, unless it was "Death" was Billy himself asking for forgiveness for what he had done. I gave it but the way it was presented to me, I have to feel like I gave it for a price and that doesn't really feel good.
Another lesson learned: Forgiveness should be given freely.

Last week, I contacted the other friend from the accident, the single father guy. He told me that his oldest grand-daughter (who was just an infant when Billy was killed) says that he (Billy) lives with them and she talks to him all the time. She says that he said he is there to watch over her and her mother and to keep them safe. Spooky!

Charlie, take your time, sweety, I will always be here for you!
Love ya!

Love, Hugs & Peace to EVERYONE!

Moni

Old 05-07-2001, 10:49 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Whoa, Moni! So now we know "the rest of the story!"

I would say that rough justice was served. As warm and compassionate as I can be, I am cold as ice when it comes to serving justice on a renegade. I am glad you were able to give him forgiveness, as doubtless he needs as much positive energy as possible. As the old proverb says, "The mills of the gods grind slowly, yet they grind exceedlingly small." Ah well, maybe with the next turning of the wheel...who knows?

Old 05-08-2001, 07:14 AM   #18
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"The truck was not in my name yet so I sold it for five dollars to a friend of mine that you don't know, by the way, so that if you try to go to the hospital for your injuries, you can't file for any coverage through my insurance. As far as anyone who matters in a legal sense is concerned, the accident never happened and you can't prove that I ever owned the truck, much less that you were in it when it "supposedly" crashed."

Wow you got considerable self control. I would have beat his ass right there.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-08-2001, 07:54 AM   #19
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Wow. Amazing story. Fascinating story. Sorry... I'm speechless. Just wanted to say Thank You for sharing!

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
Old 05-08-2001, 10:36 AM   #20
Moni

Caleb,
LOL! Don't think that later on I did not consider what it would have felt like to stomp on him a few times for being so cold about the whole thing!
I was really pretty shocked that such a close friend of five years would turn on me like a rabid dog in that way but I was in no condition to throw a slap across his face much less beat his ass.
Besides, I felt myself at fault for getting hurt to begin with, having challenged "Death" the way I did and almost losing my life for it. I could have stayed home to begin with and just let him live with having killed his best friend since their childhood days...I just couldn't.

Bilqis,
Thank YOU! You are very welcome!

Love, Hugs & Peace,
Moni