Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 07:50 PM   #71
Raistlin
Manshoon

The dead spider lay at Raistlins feet, and is it decomposed in that unusualy fast way in the Ishad'Na swamps, it left an egg. He kicked with his foot, and considered keeping it, but he didn't bother. "bugger this for a buzzard" he thought,"I aint got any inclination to get these old bones wet anymore, besides I've got to get to valeia asap" With that, he traced dome weird arcane symbol in the air and teleported to the village gates.......
Old 02-21-2001, 08:54 PM   #72
adam mage

...only to find someone already waiting for him....

Old 02-21-2001, 09:29 PM   #73
Moni

Monyka, in the meantime realized the sudden absence of the Ratling's presence.

Damn teleport spells! Oh, what I wouldn't give for a Voodoo Doll right now, she thought.
She had yet to acquire the higher knowledge of The Book of Moon and in her anger, let out a scream of absolute rage that sent an advancing pack of wild monkeys scampering back into the wilderness in fear of their lives.

Pacing back and forth momentarily, she wondered why, if the Ratling had meant her harm, it had teleported away.

"You Coward!" she screamed at the miles of empty space (save the woods) between herself and the Ratling.

Focusing her energies on the Ratling, she realized then that his intent was never to actually do her physical harm but only to blow the whistle on her and her alliance with the Evil Lord Cet.

She wondered where he got the information.

She sat down in the dirt in a huff and pondered her next move.

She worried that Lord Cet would be angry if she was stopped from gathering the clueless adventurer's souls to strenghten him in his efforts to rule over the Gael Serran and wondered what her punishment might be and if it would lessen the pain she now felt in the possibility of her undoing where the adventurer's were concerned. She had worked so long and so hard to gain the trust of The Great and Wise Sage, Wyvern. Surely Wyvern must know by now that she had been duped into giving power to this one. Surely the adventurer's who's downfall she sought would make her death a slow and painful one...provided they could find her.

Old 02-21-2001, 10:52 PM   #74
Raistlin
Manshoon

As the last vestiges of magical energy dispersed from his body Raistlin saw thru the momentary haze a cowled figure "Damn!!!" he chided,I must use that spirit eye more frequently!!! Tinte!!, Éiste liom!" he began to chant and then he recognised the colours, he thought he stop himself from unleashing the burning haze and talk to the figure in front of him. "Greetingssss friend" it hissed, "Can you tell me If I may find Garreth inssside?" "I dunno" Raistlin shrugged " Why don't we enter together and find out?" "No" it replied, "He isn't expecting me until dark". Then it melted away into the woods. "How odd" Raistlin muttered. "You don't usualy see those snake priests outside their temple, I suppose I should go inside and see if their is anyone inside called "Crown of Leaves". Raistlin entered the gates and made straight for the Tavern.......
Old 02-22-2001, 04:38 PM   #75
Moni

Old 02-22-2001, 06:06 PM   #76
Mammawlin

Upon her return to the village, Laurel had mysteriously and/or magically located Adam Mage and Sazerac right away. She approached them with her news of Wyverns' agreement to meet with the party. She explained that once the party members had been definately established, they should go to the old crypt with Laurel; at which point Wyvern would make herself known to them and then depending on what transpired during this meeting she would decide whether or not she would help them or to what degree they did need or deserve her help. The party members they had definately decided on are: Ditka, Adam Mage, Serath, Scronan and Sazerac. There was room for one more, but they were not certain who would retain this last position and decided they would not make a choice until after their meeting with the great sage Wyvern. Perhaps it would be Wyvern herself (if that was possible, they didn't know yet) or maybe Wyverns' friend, Lily the Ranger; they had need of a rogue, so maybe they should choose this Raistlin they had heard of, it was their understanding that he was quite powerful and knew the famous "teleport" spell which could be a real life-saver. They were unsure of this Monyka princess person and Laurel was not even considered at this point as being a probable party member. As the five adventures were gathered together, they discussed these possiblities. Ditka took this opportunity to tell his commrades of the visit from Tamortir and how he was warned to be careful who he trusted. They all agreed to watch each others backs - so no one was alone, ever - and no one would be trusted to the extreme, but all would trust each other as a group. They believed they were ready for their meeting with the great and powerful sage, Wyvern, where they hoped to get some help with the best choice for the 6th party member and get some answers to some questions. . . . .

Old 02-22-2001, 07:55 PM   #77
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

"What is it you see?" Serath asked Sazerac. The warlock was peering at the stones on the table.

Sazerac sighed. "As far as I can tell, the party is trustworthy. Ditka is rash and foolhardy, but has a true heart and a sense of purpose, which will come with maturity. Scronan is powerful and his mettle is tempered well. Adam Mage shows great ingenuity and clarity of thought; he will be well needed. He is also incapable of the betrayal that we sense."

Serath laughed. "And I?" he said.

Sazerac smiled. "Do you even ask? he said. "You who I have known for so long. No, all so far are honorable and capable of the adventure that lies ahead of us. Yet I still sense the danger. It lurks just beyond; in the outer regions of Valeia. Something that wishes Ditka ill...all of us ill?"

"Monyka?" Serath asked.

Sazerac shook his head. "She is in league with the Dark One now," he said, "although I sense a wavering in her purpose. Already she tires of his demands. Her soul, although touched by him, is not corrupted. She may yet prove a valuable ally. One must not dismiss her wholeheartedly. I think the great sage Wyvern would not have placed trust in her if she had not seen Light there. Sometimes the Light must go into the darkness to uplift and redeem it."

Serath snorted. "Quit talking like a priest, man. Make sense. Do we go or not?"

"Of course," Sazerac said. "We still need the sixth member, though. It is hard to tell. Scronan and Ditka are the warriors of the lot. I and Adam Mage are the spellcasters. You, my friend, are the healer. We need one who knows the cunning ways; who sees the darkness but is not consumed by it."

"A rogue, you mean," Serath said. Boo squeaked on his shoulder. "Yes, Boo?"

By chirps and squeaks, Boo relayed his message to Serath.

"Hmmm..." Serath said. "Boo thinks we should consider . . ."
Old 02-22-2001, 08:15 PM   #78
Moni

...speaking with Wyvern first and asking her to make our choice of the last party member. If what you say about Monyka is correct, he says, maybe Wyvern knows how she may redeem herself amongst us all.

Old 02-22-2001, 08:19 PM   #79
smylin dragon

Once outside, Tamortir chuckled softly to himself "need a barbarian, teach one..."
Turning towards the west gate, he headed off into the darkness...

Old 02-22-2001, 09:49 PM   #80
Raistlin
Manshoon

Raistlin was bored. He had spent all afternoon in the Tavern in the company of a female gnome who had regaled him of stories about how once she had opened a level 4 treasure chest with a level 2 lockpick. He had lost the thread of her stories along time ago, but she was contented with just listening to the sound of her own voice. His old mind had wandered back to the time when he met a party of 6 pixie bards who had come from the shires and were in the process of making Laurels for their heads from Mantrap leaves they had salvaged from the beast, which they had alegedly killed by themselves. "Thats it!!" Raistlin exclaimed. "...and then I removed the dagger.... whats it?" said Tany puzzeled and a little annoyed from the unusal outburst from anotherwise polite Ratling. " Oh Im sorry Tanya" Raistlin said appolegeticly "But do you know if their is a person here called "Laurel"?" "Why yes their is, but the last time I saw her she was talking to those two gentlemen over at the counter" Raistlin looked in the direction in which she pointed "Thanks alot, Tanya, I really enjoyed your stories but I must go and chat to those two, Would you excuse me?" "Oh ok" pouted Tanya, and then brightened when she spotted the Whiska and fellow gnome she had spotted in the corner. "I want to chat with those two anyway". "Crown of Leaves","Laurel", why didn't I think of that!?!" mutterd Raistlin too himself gleefully as he walked over to the Barbarian and Wizard who were standing at the bar........
Closed Thread