Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 03:33 PM   #1
Troll Slayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know fighter and fighter types gain an extra half an attack per round at levels 7 and 13 in SoA. I was wondering if they gain any more attacks per round with the higher levels they can reach. And if so, at what levels?

------------------
Best to remain silent and thought a fool, then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt
Troll Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

I really don't think so. That is why they added the Whirlwind abilities...

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 11:33 AM   #3
Redblueflare
Galvatron

What kind of fighter do you have Troll Slayer. If your fighter is maxed out in two weapon style, and has a grand mastery in long swords, (Or whatever single handed weapon you want.) you can have 7/2 attacks per round at level 15. With the boots of speed you double your attacks making them 15 per round. Ignore what the attacks per round says. It will look like it dropped down to four.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 08:02 AM   #4
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

The boots of speed have never doubled *MY* attacks, only my movement rate across ground. Are there other boots? I haven't seen any in Shadowkeeper.
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 09:15 AM   #5
TheDutkanator

They've never doubled my attacks either, however, Oil of Speed *does*.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
TheDutkanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 11:46 AM   #6
hazard
Dungeon Master

I think the max number of attacks per round for any one weapon is 3. If you are double-wielding weapons then it would be 4, the 4th being the one attack your second weapon gets you. If you are wielding an item like 'Belm' in one hand ( which adds an extra attack per round ) then you can get 5.

Im pretty darn sure the hard cap on a weapon is 3 per round though.
hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 12:38 PM   #7
Troll Slayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all, Ya it seems that the most I can get naturally, which is what I meant, is 3 attacks per round. Using boots of speed does not increase number of attacks per round if you install ToB, they corrected this bug from SoA. Haste adds 1 attack per round and improved haste doubles the number of attaks per round. So I guess if you did greater whirlwind and had improved haste on you, you could have 20 attacks per round. Unless of course the programmers forsaw this problem and somehow don't allow it.
Troll Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote