Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2002, 05:29 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

I`d just like to know how many GD people have actually even played the original stuff from where the CRPGs came from.
As for me, I recently started playing it. I`ve played it for about 15 hours maximum

[ 07-12-2002, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: uss ]
Old 07-12-2002, 05:33 PM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

I played pnp a while back, forgot about it for a few years, and suddenly saw BG I lying on a store shelf three years ago. Since then I'm really into CRPGs, but haven't had the chance to go back to pnp just yet. I'd like to though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2002, 05:39 PM   #3
DeSoya
Manshoon

I've been hooked since I first played at the age of 7.
Currently I'm getting ready to DM a pirates campaign. ARRRR!

DeSoya
Old 07-12-2002, 05:43 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

I just got into it again after 8 years hiatus, I played 2nd edition in college Dark sun, Ravenloft and a bit of Forgotten Realms.
But I started again by teaching my brother and some of his friends and they love it. And I love it too, I was always a player in the old days but now I always DM, because my guys are just to young to understand english, I translate and teach them english in the meantime... DnD is great [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2002, 05:46 PM   #5
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by DeSoya:

DeSoya
You first played at the age of 7!? I imagine you have many great memories about it [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 07-13-2002, 03:11 AM   #6
DeSoya
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:
Originally posted by DeSoya:

DeSoya
You first played at the age of 7!? I imagine you have many great memories about it [img]smile.gif[/img] .[/QUOTE]Oh yeah, you bet! There's two parts I remember distinctly. First is coloring in the numbers on the dice with a wax crayon. Second is bursting in to tears when my thief touch the "gold" plates, failed his saving throw, and died instantly. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] The gold color being caused by the yellow mold covering all the dishes. They seem to have taken yellow mold out of third edition. A pity really.
Actually I've many great memories of gaming. My presence here attests to the fact that it continues to be a very large part of my life.

DeSoya
Old 07-13-2002, 03:16 AM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Never held much interest in it. I never got why kids would go off to the library for their lunchbreak to play dungeons and dragons rather than ditching school and cruisin to the graveyard (there was a huge graveyard between the two main high schools of my hometown ) to meet the chicks from girls high (I went to a boys only school) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2002, 07:35 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

emmm..does the Adventure of Lone Wolf count?
Old 07-13-2002, 10:37 AM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

Yellow mold is in the 3rd edition, there is a module called Forge of fury and there huge yellow mold pile in one of the room...
Old 07-13-2002, 01:19 PM   #10
DeSoya
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Yellow mold is in the 3rd edition, there is a module called Forge of fury and there huge yellow mold pile in one of the room...
Oh good. I was so worried too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

DeSoya