Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2002, 12:32 PM   #21
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
aa perfect lesson, If *I* had been one of the children, *I* would have been tempted to a) lecture him on the bible, b) turn around, and fling the dart at *him* or c) storm out of the room.

All of these may seem childish, but I would not like to be manipulated. would you? how would *you* recact? do you think its *right* and *moral* to trick, lie and be deciteful to children? I dont.
He didn't trick or manipulate them. The ones that claimed they were true followers of Jesus Christ wouldn't have thrown the dart in the first place. If they thought they were followers but still threw the dart, they would have to think about how serious their faith was.
He gave a good lesson to show something that everyone should think about, not just christians!
[/QUOTE]everyone loses their cool once in a while, even christains. I know this ofr a fact being one myself, but I still dont like being manipulated... by anyone. thats one thing that you can guarentee to make me angry. I dont know about the rest of you tho, maybe some people enjoy being played for fools. Im not one of them. not that im implying that anyone else is here either, I hasten to add...
Old 06-23-2002, 12:40 PM   #22
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
everyone loses their cool once in a while, even christains. I know this ofr a fact being one myself, but I still dont like being manipulated... by anyone. thats one thing that you can guarentee to make me angry. I dont know about the rest of you tho, maybe some people enjoy being played for fools. Im not one of them. not that im implying that anyone else is here either, I hasten to add...
Why where you being manipulated?
The moral of the story(note: the moral of the story, not my own opinion) is that everyone who, like you, would feel manipulated are not true christians.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:44 PM   #23
skywalker
Banned User

I don't understand why you feel they were tricked or being played for fools.

The teacher was illustrating a point, that when you strike out against others or hate them, you are in turn doing so to to Jesus as well.

Jesus feels all men and women are His children, even the ones who do evil or disbelieve in him. That's what was being demonstrated. It was not a trick...can't you see?

Mark
Old 06-23-2002, 12:44 PM   #24
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

just think about it for a few moments. if someone tricked you into throwing drats at something, wouldnt you be angry. of course *I* wouldnt have throw any darts anyway. I dont mean to sound self-rightous, Im not. I hate that particualr trait in humans. all I'm sayisn is I dont like being manipluated, itt was an example of how go make me mad. thats all I was saying.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:47 PM   #25
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

oh never mind. It would take to long to explain why I think they were played for fools, and I'm really not in the mood to bother. Just accept that I dont like the guys methods, and we'll leave it at that, shall we?
Old 06-23-2002, 12:52 PM   #26
skywalker
Banned User

I'm sorry Calaethis! I guess we both see this issue differently. I'll stop bothering you about. I understand how you feel about it and respect your opinion.

Mark
Old 06-23-2002, 01:05 PM   #27
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

same here. lol; we should have another debate... lol; lets say on a rainy day? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 12:53 AM   #28
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

to be honest, im kinda surprised with some *reactions* you guys made.. but i dont want it to start up again [img]smile.gif[/img] . lets just make this thread fall.

Catch me if you can..