Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 02:18 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi.

I started a game yesterday. I couldn't resist : expert difficulty . I was very surprised. My party was lvl 3 and I met 5 Brigands, 1 Mageguard and 5 Rogue Leader in the Lower Monastery. Fortunatly I could escape.

But I managed it into the upper level to the phoonzang statue without a dead character. Then I met those mercenary groups. Killed all except one. This guy hat only 24 HP left so I decided to run up to him. That was a fault. He summoned four undead, like millipedes looking creatures. My lvl 8 party was destroyed because those undeads had a very high resistance against magic and no spells worked good enough.

I ignored mythology in all W8 games up to now but for Deathstalkers it's important IMO. My destroyed party :

Ranger, Lord, Alchemist, Mage, Gadgeteer, Bard.

I found out too, that those hirable NPC's had new professions. Myles was Gadgeteer. That makes the game more interesting, because I don't need to create a gadgy of my own and hire Myles early to stay in my party.

Greetings

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:27 AM   #2
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Update :

No news. I always have bad luck with either disease or an early dead. The next time I think I give all characters a magic level and switch them one or two levels later to their right profession (f.e. priest/lord). At the beginning, I think, I need more magic because my lord and ranger rarely hit somebody.

@scatter
You played this mod, right ? Can you tell me what profession Vi Domina has ? Thank you.

[ 05-19-2005, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Old 05-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

i played it a few times, but true to my style, ignoring all RPC's, so i don't know.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Loudhy

Vi is still a Valkyrie.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:27 AM   #5
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've some problems with the mod.

1 : The game often crashes after the backfire of a new instrument.

2 : Yesterday I just killed the Tanika Fishes when suddenly a group appeared out of nowhere. It was the same group that usually is near to Burz.

3 : I met the Scout in the meditation hall of the monastary. I thought it would be easy because, as you know, magic doesn't work there. But this guy summoned darklings . They appear not close to him or in the hall but everywhere else. Even behind me. So I was surrounded and lost the fight, because they killed my magicians in one round.

Have you discovered these problems too ?

Greetings

[ 06-01-2005, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Old 06-01-2005, 02:36 AM   #6
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yah. The groups that appear near Burz can fall through the floor above, like the game forgets there's a floor there for the half-a-second it takes the victory sequence to start.

"Summoning" creatures doesn't seem to qualify as a spell. I just always target the summonors first; strategy and tactics are very important here--you have to be able to start combat in such a way that allows you access to the ones who summon, so you can get rid of them ASAP.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:22 AM   #7
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yesterday I managed it the first time to reach Arnika Road. Unbelievable, I met lvl 20 people there.

There was a unicorn with two fairies at a corner. I was attacked by blinding wasp and some warsteed and suddenly those three went hostile and attacked me. I could not escape and the game was over. Don't know what happened. I didn't use a spell that could damage friends too. They were far enough away from being hit by a random arrow.

Hell, this mod is horrible. ( I like it ! ).

Greetings

Old 06-07-2005, 06:28 AM   #8
WarrGrinn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry about the whole being attacked by the Unicorn and the Faeries....That was actually an error on my part Loudhy. The Blinding wasps have the 'Faerie WarSteeds' as an accompanying creature that can appear some of the time, that was actually supposed to be changed to have more blinding wasps accompany them instead.

The Steeds have an alliance of 'Party' which means if they are damaged (or killed) anything that is 'friendly' with the party will go hostile as well (they are supposed to be friendly critters but appear as unfriendlies because they come as 'companions' to the blinding wasps and as such come with thier alliance (which is nothing) to start off with.)

This will be fixed in the next update (or if you are experienced with the editor at all just edit the 'alliances' to 'unaligned' in the Faerie WarSteed' monster entry).

Sorry for the bugggsss....

Steve (Deathstalker).
Old 06-07-2005, 07:12 AM   #9
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Steve.

I already thought that. There is much new to learn in your mod about strategy and as written above : I like it.

I'm playing on expert and in the upper monastery I saw the first time in my W8 history a combat with 15 groups. My party was level 7/8 and I believe all helpful characters in the upper monastery fight against enemies in all rooms .

I remember when I first started your mod I ran into a group of brigands, a mageguard and some rogue leaders with my level 2 party .....

You made a great work !

Greetings

[ 06-07-2005, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Old 06-09-2005, 06:11 AM   #10
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Has anyone thought about switching myles from gadgeteer to ninja ? I have no need for an additional alchemist but a guy with auto-penetrate would be nice to have in this mod.

He has dual-wieldung, throwing and dagger, even stealth. Of course you have to ignore his moaning if you force him into a map he don't like. And later I cannot add RFS-81 because with Vi my party is full then.