Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 10:40 AM   #1
Sir Alexandre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all,

i've soloed with an elven sorcerer. Wooooowww he's so powerfull.

Now i'd like to do it again with a fighting class : which is the best, i mean the most powerfull ?

I heard that inquisitor and monk are good, so are barbarians. But how can they do it to the end without magic ????

Personnaly, i like hte idea of an half-orc barbarian, what do you think ?

thanks in advance
Old 02-15-2002, 11:19 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Personally, I think any Paladin subclass is very well equipped for soloing. They're good fighters, they rock once they get their hands on Carsomyr. They have some good spells available, they can heal a good amount of HP quickly with Lay On Hands.

Monks are good too, good innate Magic Resistance, can Lay On Hands too, although for a lesser amount of HP than Paladins. Nice special abilities, quick movement makes running away easier if you ever have to resort to that. Immune to poison and disease, Charm/Domination etc.

Barbarians and Berserkers also pack a punch, with all the bonuses and immunities they get while enraged. I've heard good things about Archers too, but haven't tried that out myself. Any of the three mentioned here would make a good solo class.

My advice is: just go with what you like and try to come up with strategies and tricks as you go along, this will make the game lots of fun and very satisfying if you succeed.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 12:14 PM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

I like Cavaliers and Archers.

I've heard good things about Stalkers.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 12:58 PM   #4
Jim
Quintesson

I have sucessfully soloed the following through the game (on no less than insane diff. )

Kensai
Beastmaster
Sorcerer
Blade
Archer
Cavalier
Priest of Helm (current game)

The kensai is tough going at the start, but eventaully you can be hitting upwards of 50 damage (non critical) per hit i.e. most enemies are down with just two hits. The beastmaster was probably the hardest due to the lack of metal weapons and armour, but once in ToB, there are sufficient items to overcome this, and they have a decent amount of HP since they can cast find familiar at the start. Sorcerer as most of you all know is probably the most fun and gets rediculously easy once you can cast 8/9/quest level spells. The Blade was probably my favourite so far since with the right equipment they are extremely good fighters, well armoured and the ability to cast stoneskin, mirror image, protection from magical weapons etc makes most battles a breeze, but it does start extremely tough. Archers rock as I'm sure Legolas has explained, and they are extremely effective fighters dealing around 20-25 damage with each ranged hit at the later levels. The Cavalier is probably a good place to start with a solo since they have access to decent weapons/armour and can cast up to 4th level priest spells and summon powerful allies such as Devas. Finally, the priest of helm is my current game and is going damn well at the moment, but its definately harder soloing with the cleric than the mage.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 06:00 PM   #5
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Soloed a kensai and a sorcerer, both were lots of fun. Always wanted to try a barbarian but sometimes the fighter classes get very monotonous. Monk would be a cool solo, would like to try a druid sometime for the novelty.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:22 PM   #6
georgecarnell

wizard slayer...with tob game add ins allowing you to use potions

this allows u to fight well..at your best and have resistance to magic. half orc of course
Old 02-15-2002, 07:53 PM   #7
Kmazi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't mean to sound like a newbie, I mean I have beaten the game, but thats not the point all I wanna know is this...

How do you solo because I would like to know?
*Stats*<br />Kmazi- lvl 17 Sorcerer 66 Hp -2 Ac<br />Str- 18<br />Dex- 15<br />Con- 15<br />Int- 15<br />Wis- 10<br />Car- 09<br />Most Powerful Foes Defeated- Thaxll\'ssillyia, Nizidramanii\'yt, and Firkraag<br />Favorite Spells-<br />Level 1- Magic Missile<br />Level 2- Mirror Image <br />Level 3- Ghost Armor<br />Level 4- Stone Skin<br />Level 5- Shadow Door<br />Level 6- Spell Deflection<br />Level 7- Finger of Death/ Mordenkainen\'s Sword<br />Level 8- Abi-Dalzim\'s Horrid Wilting/ Spiralcrum<p>\"Death Comes To Those Who Go Against The Followers Of Kmaz Lord Of All Dragons\"
Kmazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:58 PM   #8
skier9205
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Kmazi:

How do you solo because I would like to know?

You solo simply by not taking any other characters through the game with you. The advantage to soloing is that any XP you get is yours, (you don't share it with any other NPCs) but two dissadvantages are that one you reach to SoA XP cap very quickly and two you can't rely on the abilities of your different characters (even though it makes it more fun.) Have fun.
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 09:12 PM   #9
Kmazi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Man...

damn... I thought it was right under my friggen nose too...
*Stats*<br />Kmazi- lvl 17 Sorcerer 66 Hp -2 Ac<br />Str- 18<br />Dex- 15<br />Con- 15<br />Int- 15<br />Wis- 10<br />Car- 09<br />Most Powerful Foes Defeated- Thaxll\'ssillyia, Nizidramanii\'yt, and Firkraag<br />Favorite Spells-<br />Level 1- Magic Missile<br />Level 2- Mirror Image <br />Level 3- Ghost Armor<br />Level 4- Stone Skin<br />Level 5- Shadow Door<br />Level 6- Spell Deflection<br />Level 7- Finger of Death/ Mordenkainen\'s Sword<br />Level 8- Abi-Dalzim\'s Horrid Wilting/ Spiralcrum<p>\"Death Comes To Those Who Go Against The Followers Of Kmaz Lord Of All Dragons\"
Kmazi is offline   Reply With Quote