Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 01:50 PM   #1
Azreall, Master of War
Dungeon Master

Hmmm, While I was looking trough the topic "Coolest NPC", I noticed most people are so full of Minsc... Dont get me wrong, I'm one of his biggest fans (when I grow up, I want to be a Krazy Minsk too). In BG1 I clicked on his picture for like 40.000 times just 2 hear "Safety comes in numbers... and I am 2 or 3 at least" or "When the going gets though, some one hold my rodent"... Man, I know them all (same with Khalid ("Th-thh-thh-thats all Folks" is briliant"), Dynaheir, and Jaheira-tha-Bitch). But my point is...

I think, like lotsa people, that Minsc is funny... And so did the people at Black Isle, probarly. I think the Rendez-Vous with Minsc was kool. To hear him shout battle cries... Wow !!! And the way he tried to bring comfort 2 Jaheira, by offering her fuzzy Boo... aah, so cute.

But after a while I really had it... Black Isle tried to make him WAY more funnier and Crazier than he really is. Just so they could say "You'll meet old friends, like Good Old Funny Minsc" so people will think "Oooh, Good Old Funny Minsc, I have 2 buy it !!!"
After a While he even started to anoy me. I even thought "Was that supposed 2 be funny ?? I didnt laugh"

Well, Its hard to express my feelings about this topic in English.
It just comes down to that I think Baldurs Gate 2 was kinda made with Big Blinking $$$-signs in the eyes. I just think Baldurs Gate 1 had much more charisma then BG2... I almost get Nostalgic...
Old 03-17-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
Charean
Hathor

Well, I read your post and thought about it.

You may have a point. I really enjoyed Minsc in the BG1 a great deal - and the only real complaint I have is that he didn't have a quest in BG2 like everyone else. He was left out....

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 03-17-2001, 03:31 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Minsc doesn't irritate me at all. I just love 'butt kicking for goodness!'
And anyway - he's my FRIEND.
Boo
Old 03-17-2001, 09:05 PM   #4
Lord Shield

If you think he goes on a bit now, see what happens when he gets the talking sword from the Sewers... they never stop!

Old 03-17-2001, 10:18 PM   #5
Hesperex

Well at least he has character

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-17-2001, 10:58 PM   #6
fable
Quintesson

They're all deliberately exaggerated, larger-than-life. That's so you'll think of your party NPCs as though they were real people. If you had people in your party who regularly said, "Hiya, dude," and "Hey, ya think chicks dig my leathers?" you'd quickly fall asleep.
Old 03-17-2001, 11:39 PM   #7
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

well Minsc has a quest but they don't make as big a deal as with the others npc. If your not a Ranger ,the boy delan comes and asks Minsc if he's a great hero and that he need help to save his village minsc will take this to heart so It must be his quest (since it's ranger related)

I kinda, Liked Minsc in Bg2, too those who think he's changed too much just think it this way Jonnaleth (AKA: Jon Irenicus) might have expirimented once to many on minsc. *L*
Old 03-18-2001, 12:08 AM   #8
white heron
Manshoon

I definitely prefer Minsc now simply because he,and all the others have mutch more dialogue.BG1 was very repetitive.
Minsc seems to have Matured and become more responsible and im almost led to think that i could let him handle things on his own now.Surely he MUST have finished his Dajemma now!?
Anyway i just love the voice acting in this game.
Some of my faves: "Boo is getting Squirly!"
"Minsc and Boo are ready!"
"Take the life she gave!!"
.....and as for Gaylaen Bayle,...well,He'd make a great NPC thief -some great lines there!
Old 03-18-2001, 01:21 AM   #9
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

You and Boo and I... hamsters and ranges everywhere! Rejoice!
Old 03-18-2001, 01:26 AM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I don't mind having a psychotic ranger and a hamster tag along in my party, it adds more........depth to the game......

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!