Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2001, 03:50 AM   #1
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

I had a really rocking fight with Firkraag yesterday which I thought I'd tell you about so that you can tell me later that it's nothing and that you've all done it 20 times already, but I'm proud anyway so I thought I'd share.

I had 4 chars, all home made, at level 10. An undead hunter, an archer, an assassin and a cleric. I didn't have any weapons to hit him with in close combat, so my archer used the Strong Arm and my paladin the Tuigan Bow. The other two just took the blows. What made it a little harder was that I wouldn't stand for anyone dying so I reloaded every time someone got nailed. The time I finally got him, the two punchbags was hiding, beating into pulps, up in the stairs while Big Red was chasing my near-death paladin around the cave, dodging the archers desperate long range shots. At long last, the 6hp paladin got cornered and in desperation got off a last arrow, which killed the beast.

Think it was anything to be proud of?
Old 01-11-2001, 03:56 AM   #2
Arak

Thats nothing, done it 20 times already.

Heh, sounds like i good fight, i lost Minsc and Aerie in my fight with the big red

Old 01-11-2001, 05:31 AM   #3
G.W.

Hmm, did you try using the Dragonslayer? I presumed you had the sword that is found right outside his lair. Isn't the Heartsting there as well? (Thought it was better than the Strongarm).

Old 01-11-2001, 05:32 AM   #4
Sylentz

BUG...
first time I fought him, I didn't innitiate Dialog, so throughout the whole fight, I just Ka-powed him, while he sat there, doing absolutely bugger all!!
I re-loaded though, coz I thought it was just a little unfair...
eventually I beat him, and lost only Korgan, which was a pretty decent effort...
though the Aerial Servant which Anomen (yeah yeah, I know he sux) summoned helped me out a lot...

Old 01-11-2001, 11:16 AM   #5
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

I found the fight with Kangaax MUCH harder, did for Firkraag (hey what's with all the double "aa"s) on the 1st attempt with my homemade party of 6. Berserker, Paladin, Cleric, Thief, Conjurer, Sorceror.
What I did was lots of summon monster spells followed by offensive spells and missiles. Once he was a bit weaker I had my two fighters pound on him until he expired !. No party members dead, excellent !.
Old 01-11-2001, 11:30 AM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Congratulations Hoggar. It is something to be proud of.
Old 01-11-2001, 01:22 PM   #7
G.W.

Anyway, the fact you didn't use those Fiirag dungeon items (and got past those golems) is quite a feat.

Old 01-11-2001, 01:55 PM   #8
Jon the Hell Caster

Congratulations! For your reward you can come into the portal and enter a site full of custom items!

Old 01-11-2001, 02:18 PM   #9
EasyL3

I'm playing the game through right now for the second time as a Vampire and i'm going it solo. That is going to be one hell of a tough fight by myself, but i'm really lookin' forward to it

Old 01-11-2001, 02:21 PM   #10
Jon the Hell Caster

How are you a vampire?