Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2000, 12:20 AM   #1
PsYgNeT

Where he is in the dock exactly ??
i don't find it !

Old 11-14-2000, 12:24 AM   #2
Tara

If you really want to pull your hair out with me, go to the house left of Mae'Var's guildhouse and down to the basement. Don't say you weren't warned though- this is my 5th time through the game- I thought I'd killed them all- but first time I tried this one. I'd rather face 10 red dragons- at least I know how to kill them!

Old 11-14-2000, 12:27 AM   #3
Tara

BTW - FAIR WARNING - DO SEARCH FOR TRAPS ON THE FRONT DOOR!

Old 11-14-2000, 12:29 AM   #4
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

WARNING SPOILER

dont blow your head off pls... i just defeated him today, without cheat ... it took me a while to kill him but here is what i did. i casted protection from undead to all of my characters except one, which is my fighter thief, she has a unique item that protects her from all kinds of damaging spells. so since my fighter is protected from all offensive spells, i just casted a few spells on my character to increase her chance for survival against other non-damaging spells. so i just stood there while the stupid lich cast all of his spells only to go back right at him. when he died that is when i casted my last character the protection from undead since i knew his second nature will come out. since he couldnt see me anymore since all my characters are protected, i just bashed him while he stood there looking stupid. *for some reason, when i casted protections to all my characters (against undead) before he was a demi-lich even before giving to him the body parts, he just wont die * must be a bug or something since he cant see us and cant speak to any of us therefore he cant transform into the demilich, my thoughts only =). so what i suggest is cast the protection spells on your characters when he becomes a demi-lich. hope this helps you. after killing him, you can get his cool ring that does lots of stuff especially regeneration for every 3 sec. (cool!!) GL !
Old 11-14-2000, 12:42 AM   #5
Tara

yea, i heard about the ring- only reason I've been at it for the last 12 hours more or less. i can't believe this! When I cheated (one of the times that I did that is- lol)I had him down so he had no more spells left- of course neither did I at that point - and near dead so long it was amazing- and I just left my people there hacking and slashing while I went off and tried to blow off some frustration and occassionally healed them for like at least half an hour real time straight and he STILL WOULDN'T DIE! I did cast prot before hand though- but we had the two discussions- he died and turned pretty early on- no joke - I cast power word silence - true sight- 5 scrolls of pierce magic- 10 scrolls of lower resistance- 5 summon haeckshar 2 summon wyrvern- 5 flesh to stone- had every bad weapon i could think of, and then used EVERY offensive and defensive spell I knew that wasn't going to kill me too - and he never died!

I'm going to give it one last shot -without protecton first- the one time I had tried this I got kiled quick though due to imprisonment- what is the special item your thief has?

Old 11-14-2000, 11:55 AM   #6
Tara

I have gotten all the golden body parts and kicked butt - without cheating - the whole way through the game so far. My main char is a thief- also have a great fighter I brought in MP(ok, some might call that a cheat- but whatever), also Korgan, Edwin, and Viconia- that's the party. So- THEN I get to the final lich inthe docks- and I'm about to lose my mind!! I have tried every suggestion on the board- protection from undead- freedom- lower resistance- pierce magic- true sight- I have even cheated my a__ off!! Done Ctrl+Y and edited in so many scrolls I make the stores look pale- even gave myself the Equalizer and I can't kill this rotten *%$*&^$@&^$*^$!!!!!! I get the first one fine- but the second won't DIE!!! HOW can I make this rotten bugger die before I give up in COMPLETE frustration?

Old 11-14-2000, 03:23 PM   #7
Overton

Don't give up!

He is a bugger, but he is beatable. Here is what I did.

Since you cheated, I am assuming that this will not be a spoiler..but in case there are those who don't want to be spoiled,.
It really helps to have the holy avenger...it is the only weapon i have found that does damage to him. I had my Paladin with the avenger stand toe to toe with the Demilich, with just about every protectins spell i could think of cast on him, and my own character turn into the slayer. both of us were hasted.

If your main character can't turn into the slayer, then i guess my technique won't work ...come back after you go through the asylum.

Old 11-14-2000, 04:11 PM   #8
Suul-Yinn

Promise this works as I tried everything else for hours too.
Kill the first form anyway you like. Then, as soon as he dies leave the room! Leave a Fire Elemental behind to keep him amused if you want. Then rest as he doesn't follow you out. Cast mass invisibility and re-enter making sure AI is off. Then get all mages to cast Spell Immunity on themselves and select abjuration to stop him imprisoning your mages. Then using only your mages, approach him so that he only uses imprisonment on your protected characters. I then cast lower resistance, spell breach etc and doom, insect plague, silence and miscast magic. I don't know if they were all neccesary but the idea was to prevent him using the Wail of the Banshee and any other spells. I found he only used imprisonment, which failed because of my immunity. Then use the Wand of Wonders until it petrifies him! If you haven't got it, try flesh to stone. Then hit him with a +5 weapon and voila! Instant gravel
PS Mnemoch(?) said protection from undead also works as a defence, but I haven't tried it myself.

Old 11-14-2000, 04:31 PM   #9
PsYgNeT

For kill a lich i do the same thing than for a dragon,trap,magic resistance and attack with my paladin-undeadhunter armed with the Holy Avenger,a ring of regeneration(each 6 second) and the red dragon scale. the five other throw arrows magic or wait
Maybe it will work,i go test it right NOW !

Old 11-14-2000, 05:58 PM   #10
Armisael

We're talking about Kangaxx? I don't know how you're all having so much trouble with him. Buy a Protection from MAGIC scroll from the Adventure Mart, and give it to your fighter along with any enchanted weapon +4 or above. If you don't have a +4 weapon, don't bother fighting him until you do have one. Kangaxx has no physical attack. He casts imprisonment, wail of the banshee and something else, but none of them will affect you if you use the Protection from Magic scroll. From there it's just a matter of beating him down with that +4 weapon.