Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2002, 06:05 AM   #1
KGB
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need a little help. I have a level 10 Gadgeteer, with Int 92, Dex 90, Eng 56, Modern Weapon 78--Omnigun Mk5 with enhanced laserflash unit, dart attachment, blades attachment and a Zip Gun. My questions are 1. So far my gadgeteer sucks, the damage she produces is horrible, is the Omnigun simply used with spike stones, throwing daggers, or darts? Can a combination be used? Like a double shot? 2. Is the zip gun better than the Omnigun? 3. Am I being impatient, my gadgeteer will get better??
Thanks,
KGB 4:20PM
KGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 07:00 AM   #2
KC_2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Your best bet is to look for and assemble all the gadgets you find.. Alot of them mimic some really cool spells and with a high engeneering can be much more devistating than the level 7 spellcaster equivilent. It doenst seem that the omnigun is that great, but maybe when you get attachments for bolts or arrows that will change. [img]smile.gif[/img]
KC_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:37 AM   #3
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Gadgeteers do not come into their own until about level 15 to 16 when the get an updgrade to use arrows and bolts. Even after this point they get some cool upgrades. However do not expect your Gadgeteer to do massive damage but count on his ability to cause blindness, KO, and eventually death. Also collect the pieces to make the gadgets. At later levels with an engineering of 85 or higher there are some cool gadgets that mimic high level spells.

Give your gagdeteer a chance and he will prove his worth eventually.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 10:39 AM   #4
Durin the Deathless
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My Gadgeteer, Jan Jansen, is Lvl 11 and has a Ranged Weapons at 89! When Hasted, his OmniGun [Pantent Pending] will make two double shots per round. If the LazerFlash works, the hommies up front can get Medieval! Now the key to good dammage is ammo. So far impale stones (5-13 dmg + 2% Kill) are best.

OTOH, If all you want is a ranged attacker, then get a Ranger.

But a Gadgeteer wouldn't be called a Gadgeteer if it wasn't the Gadgets that made him cool! Just last night Jan put together an Armorplate generator that cranks out a lvl 6 Armorplate. Since no one else in my party can cast Armorplate yet, Jan is priceless!
Durin the Deathless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 10:53 AM   #5
SilverFox
Elite Waterdeep Guard

IMHO, Intellect is not that important for a gadgeteer (made that mistake myself). It unlocks a useless skill, and rewards from Dex/Spd/Senses are much higher, then he rocks.
SilverFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 12:56 PM   #6
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

Gadgeteer seems to be one of those class's that you have to wait for the pay off. Sure your fighter can deal loads of damage but latter in the game he gets boring you pretty much sit back and let him do his thing.

My 2nd full time party Bard changed over to Gadgeteer at level 7 and is now at level 10.. (Music 96 Pickpocket 79) not much room for improvements, so i changed over. His Engneering is lacking at 20.. so i been using Jack in the Box, Duct Tape, and Rod trying to up his Skill. I am in Trynton now and I was able to steal the Omnigun Mk.4 off of Madras. Much better then the Mk.1 that he had.

So i am getting the best of the Bard world with limited Gadgeteer world, but hey I normaly save any piece of junk I find any way.. at least this party I can make something that will help me out.

I figuer by the time i get to Ascension Peak she'll have such an array of music and gadgets that she will equal or even better then my Alchemist or Magic Heavy Samurai
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:41 PM   #7
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I hate to burst your bubble rigid but the better items for both Bard and Gadgeteer not only have high Music and Engineering requirements but also level in class requirements. For the ultimate items you have to be level 18 in either bard or gadgeteer. If you plan on playing until your characters are level 36, then you will not have a problem.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 03:01 PM   #8
ratchild
Manshoon

While that is true Maskedfrog, 18 is just for the very top end gadgets and instruments. I found that switching at 14 was sufficient, as it gave me access to most of the toys... Now at 14 bard and 9 gadgeteer, my dude with doubleshot crossbow and mk 5 omnigun is playing instruments and shooting mofo's like no tomorrow, and his engineering skill is around 50, so i'm starting to assemble the more advanced gadgets... It's great!
Old 01-22-2002, 04:46 PM   #9
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

I don't know about that. I ve been able to use Lava Lamp 30 Engneering with only 22 Engneering.. is this a bug with Version 1.00?

If i do have that problem I wont really care. He was 7 Bard and by the time I get to A Peak he should be a 22-24, so that would be 15-17 Gadgeteer.. so i should have a good mix of Music and Gadgets.
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:52 PM   #10
Serops
Elite Waterdeep Guard

KGB,

Like Silverfox said dex/spd/sens are the most important stats for the gadgeteer. 100 senses unlocks the eagle eye skill which helps you hit and penetrate at range. High dex and spd will give you more shots per round. 92 intelligence is a waste. I too made this mistake with my first gadgy. This time I think I put about 10 points in intelligence at creation and haven't touched it since. After you max dex/spd/sens, str and vit are good because ammo is heavy and your gadgets require stamina. At later levels, the omnigun becomes the most powerful ranged weapon in the game bar none.
Serops is offline   Reply With Quote